B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Maybe something like this?

turdue would be the one that is oddly placed but it would be a work in progress.

South: Notre Dame/ North Carolina / Duke / Georgia Tech / Florida State

East: Virginia/ Penn State / Purdue / Rutgers / Maryland

Central: Ohio State/ Sparty / Indiana / Illinois / ann arbor

West: Nebraska / Wisconsin / Minnesota / Iowa / Northwestern

• Fire 2

turdue would be the one that is oddly placed but it would be a work in progress.

I fully support this model!

I like this a lot.

And OSU fans always make me laugh. I love how OSU and Michigan fans/coaches/players never say the other Universities name. Trips me out. :D

A North Carolina judge on Monday turned down Maryland's motion to dismiss the ACC's lawsuit. Maryland's attorney argued that because the university is state-funded, it has sovereign immunity that protects it from lawsuits like the ACC's. The ACC argues that sovereign immunity doesn't exist in contractual claims like the one Maryland made with the ACC, which is based in Greensboro, N.C. Superior Court Judge John O. Craig III agrees.

The Baltimore Sun reports that Maryland has 30 days to appeal Monday's ruling.

Maryland is coming to the Big Ten whether or not it has to pay the exit fee. The increased revenue the school will earn as a Big Ten member will eventually make up for the short-term loss.

But the outcome of the case could influence whether others make the jump or stay put.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/71798/acc-lawsuit-against-maryland-upheld

I like this a lot.

And OSU fans always make me laugh. I love how OSU and Michigan fans/coaches/players never say the other Universities name. Trips me out. :D

That would set up pretty well for a nine-game conference schedule. If you did it similar to the NFL you would play your own division plus one other division. Thus, you'd see everyone every three years and the entire division would have the same schedule so it would be balanced.

UNC boards are freaking out. They do not want to move. Why is it that these schools do not want to come to what i believe is greener pastures? Maryland and Rutgers didn't like the news either.

UNC is kind of a big fish in a small pond in the ACC. They won't have that anymore, or their coveted rivalry with Duke.

UNC boards are freaking out. They do not want to move. Why is it that these schools do not want to come to what i believe is greener pastures? Maryland and Rutgers didn't like the news either.

Huh? Rutgers LOVED the move... O.o

It was a very even split if you had read their boards a few months ago

I thought we were referring to their athletic board comittee, my bad. lol

Huh? Rutgers LOVED the move... O.o

It was a very even split if you had read their boards a few months ago

Really?

All I read from Rutgers fans was how they were "saved from the Big East", and that they will start rooting for Big Ten teams immediately and ordering Big Ten gear. Also joining Big Ten alumni groups in Florida,etc

It was sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they want to be in the conference but Maryland fan's reaction was much more interesting.