2nd Debate Discussion

First the act of terror thing. I would be ashamed if I was attempting to spin this deal as the Obama administration acknowledging the Benghazi attack as a "terrorist" attack instead of the story they, in factual reality, actually held onto for almost two weeks after the attack. Remember the story about the video? So, Romney got tripped up by the use of the word "terror" the day after. Big deal. Fact is the administration did not back off the video story and publically call it a terrorist attack for about two weeks. No big victory here for Obama and only a minor glich for Romney not being aware the word terror was used.

Tripped up? Minor glitch?

Romney went for the kill . . . "for the record," etc. . . .and he whiffed. Big time. I don't know if Romney doesn't know the facts or if he was lying but you can't truly believe that this moment didn't matter.

• Fire 1

Romney should have read Huskerboard and learned from Ziggy's mistake.

When did Obama call it an act of terror?

President Obama the day after the attack:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

http://www.whitehous...ssy-staff-libya

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/60446-2012-presidential-election-polls/page__view__findpost__p__1036832

• Fire 2

The first question. Will I be able to find a job? Wise up kid. You may have to relocate. Maybe college wasn't the answer. Go to tech school and learn how to weld. $30. bucks an hour and uo in this area. Business is being turned away in the upper mid-west because we don't have enough welders. If you want a job you can find one. Suck it up and go find it. It ain't gonna come looking for you, you namby, pamby, little panty waste!

T_O_B

• Fire 3

I watched about half of it. It was two spin-doctors spinning gold from straw.

This is why I don't watch presidential debates. But last time I was told I couldn't comment if I didn't watch it. So there. :D

but it was such good theater that I really hate you missed part of it.

Carl- In the scheme of the debate, you are correct, he went for the on the record kill shot and whiffed. In that aspect it was a big blunder. But, when weighed against two weeks of demonstrable fact of how the administration treated it, Romney was effectively correct. Hopefully people aren't too stupid to be unable to differentiate the real story.

Carl- In the scheme of the debate, you are correct, he went for the on the record kill shot and whiffed.

Yes he did. And Obama played him into it perfectly.

Romney was effectively correct.

No . . . he was completely wrong. And he intentionally drew more attention to his error by trying to pin Obama down . . . when Obama was correct and Romney was wrong.

The first question. Will I be able to find a job? Wise up kid. You may have to relocate. Maybe college wasn't the answer. Go to tech school and learn how to weld. $30. bucks an hour and uo in this area. Business is being turned away in the upper mid-west because we don't have enough welders. If you want a job you can find one. Suck it up and go find it. It ain't gonna come looking for you, you namby, pamby, little panty waste!

T_O_B

Spot on about welders.

BTW, I think the natural progression of these debates should lead them to change round three to the Octagon. Heck, throw in the veeps and make it a tag team match.

Not a bad plan. We could also force the politicians to fight in the front lines of any wars they want to get involved in. If we could get all of Earth to agree to that, war would cease overnight.

lol. So many chickenhawks in Congress and in the media.

Carl- In the scheme of the debate, you are correct, he went for the on the record kill shot and whiffed.

No . . . he was completely wrong. And he intentionally drew more attention to his error by trying to pin Obama down . . . when Obama was correct and Romney was wrong.

So Carl, is it your belief that the official story from the administration, the day after the attack and commencing for the next two weeks, that the attack on our embassy was a terrorist attack not generated by the anti-muslim video?

So Carl, is it your belief that the official story from the administration, the day after the attack and commencing for the next two weeks, that the attack on our embassy was a terrorist attack not generated by the anti-muslim video?

either way, would it not be an act of terrorism?

Obama did a good job letting us know that the government makes jobs.

romney promises to make 12,000,000,000 jobs, but then again, the gov't does not make jobs. (oh yeah, and the economy is projected to make that many jobs regardless of the person in office).

Actually, he is promising to generate an economic and business climate that will allow businesses to create those jobs. Big difference between that and claiming "we created x number of jobs". The only jobs Obama ever "created" were some czar positions in his administration.