In Honor of One Our Generation's Greatest Players

Nebula

Which Legend do You Take?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the potential retire of one of the all time LB's in NFL history after an injury this season, I thought I'd run a question by you guys. I honestly don't think you can really go wrong. (And Lewis may not retire. But the speculation got me to thinking about this.)

Lewis brings a ton to the table. He is an endlessly charged battery, constantly exhorting and even willing his teamates to perform at incredibly high levels. He had size, speed, and the most crucial thing for that position, incredible instinct. He was sledgehammer in the run game, to the point where I wondered if RBs started to feel like WRs do sometimes after getting lit up on a slant pattern. He hit Rashard Mendenhall so hard he broke his shoulder! One of the greats, and I have to assume an early, early, very possible first round entry in the Hall.

And yet, I gotta take LT. The guy revolutionized the game. He could literally do it all, and he played like he was ready to murder someone on every single play. He was able to do things that had pretty much never been seen before at the level he was able to execute. He'd rattle QBs, could drop into coverage as fleet as some Safety's, and his sideline demanor, while far less imbued with the flair and dramatics of Lewis (which...I'll be honest: started to get a little old for me) still clearly showed him to be a leader for those teams.

And the guy once screamed at his defense, "Let's get out there like a pack of crazed dogs and have some fun!" Always been one of my favorite in-game quotes.

So...who you guys got?

Never saw much of Lawrence Taylor live, but many highlights. I have to say Taylor as well just based on that fact that he did seem to revolutionize the position as well as how defense, and for that matter, offense it played today. Ray Lewis? Great GREAT player and linebacker. A true characterization of the position and the sport. I greatly respect his passion for the game. But i also see his play as him just doing his job. He never really did anything overwhelmingly out of the ordinary as that thing that Taylor did.

Ray Lewis is fantastic. But LT is legendary. He's in the discussion for greatest pro player, ever, at any position. He was a joy to watch, no matter which team you rooted for (unless he was playing your team, then it was rather tragic).

As a Broncos fan, I can attest to the accuracy of that statement. :(

As a Chiefs fan, the only joy I get from the NFL anymore is the sadness of a Broncos fan, regardless the reason.

I think the sadness between those two AFC West foes is concentrated on your side of the fence these days, my friend. :P

It's bad over here. Theyre speculating region blackouts already. I saw story that ticket brokers are having trouble selling tickets for even the biggest games for the cheapest prices, nearly half of what's considered normal.

Ray Lewis is fantastic. But LT is legendary. He's in the discussion for greatest pro player, ever, at any position. He was a joy to watch, no matter which team you rooted for (unless he was playing your team, then it was rather tragic).

100% agree. I can think of several other MLB's that I would take over Ray Lewis. I cannot think of anyone that I would choose over LT.