(2013) PF Matthew Atewe [Auburn Commit]

Assuming he signs (I know, I know the old saying about what assuming gets you), but IF he does, how does that mitigate the loss of Akoy?

Are we better off with an experienced juco or a talented freshman?

In other words, will you be happier with Atewe (can we pronounce it ....atta way!), or would we have been better served with Akoy?

Assuming he signs (I know, I know the old saying about what assuming gets you), but IF he does, how does that mitigate the loss of Akoy?

In other words, will you be happier with Atewe (can we pronounce it ....atta way!), or would we have been better served with Akoy?

Apologies in advance if I'm reading your post wrong, but it is my understanding that Atewe is a HS prospect, not a JUCO prospect? Correct me if I'm wrong? :dunno

Apologies in advance if I'm reading your post wrong, but it is my understanding that Atewe is a HS prospect, not a JUCO prospect? Correct me if I'm wrong? :dunno

No, no apologies necessary. My mistake. I worded that poorly. Somehow in my feeble mind, I was thinking because he was at a prep school, he would have LESS than a full four years available.

Regardless, in no way should I have labeled him a juco.

But my question remains..........IF we sign him, is that snag a better answer for us than Akoy?

No, no apologies necessary. My mistake. I worded that poorly. Somehow in my feeble mind, I was thinking because he was at a prep school, he would have LESS than a full four years available.

Regardless, in no way should I have labeled him a juco.

But my question remains..........IF we sign him, is that snag a better answer for us than Akoy?

Thanks for the clarification. I'm exercising the "wait-and-see" approach with the Atewe/Akoy comparison. It probably depends on the type of fan you are? If you're the type that follows recruiting closely and subscribes to the star ranking system, then Akoy is seen as the better prospect.

While I wish Akoy the best at Louisville, I'm excited to see what Miles' GATA philosophy can do for Atewe? Hopefully it's a good fit? Fans will forget missing on Akoy if Atewe shows the ability to play within the system and wins us some games in the process.

Like I said, wait-and-see...