(2013) PF Matthew Atewe [Auburn Commit]

We still need to win to recruit. Time will come.

Certainly helps, but Atewe wasn't an "elite" recruit, just a solid big. The type of recruit that mid major and low tier power conference teams need to maintain competitiveness.

Auburn was 9-23 this year in coach Tony Barbee's 3rd season. He has a record of 12-32 in the conference after 3 years. Not exactly taking the vaunted SEC by storm with winning. Auburn last saw the NCAA tourney in 2003. Historically, though, Auburn has a much richer tradition for men's basketball, as do most Div I schools.

Havent had a chance to respond t his decision... What I am going to say is going to be a mixture of frustration and anger....

After Atewe denied Nebraska, he got a ton of hate from NU fans.. he proceeded to retweet every single one... it made us a fan base look bad... really bad.... But it also shows the class of this kid... He is immature.. I could tell you that by reading his tweets over the last few months. I am bummed we lost him but this kid strikes me as a bit of a diva at times... and then for some reason he got butt hurt that Nebraska fans were mad about his decision....

If the rumors are true that he wanted Nebraska and his AU coach wanted Auburn.. then something is up.. but at the end of the day, as a fan base we need to leave the recruiting to the coaches and quit tweeting at players- positive or negative... I tweeted at him once after he committed saying "Bummed we didnt get him, but wished him the best of luck" shockingly enough, he didnt retweet me or anyone else who said things like that... The kid is trying to create a chip on his shoulder...

I hate that we lost him, but think we hyped him up a bit.. He choose Auburn.. time to move on.

I still love this team that we have... Sucks Atewe choose another program, but lets move on and focus on the boys we have.

• Fire 2
Havent had a chance to respond t his decision... What I am going to say is going to be a mixture of frustration and anger....

After Atewe denied Nebraska, he got a ton of hate from NU fans.. he proceeded to retweet every single one... it made us a fan base look bad... really bad.... But it also shows the class of this kid... He is immature.. I could tell you that by reading his tweets over the last few months. I am bummed we lost him but this kid strikes me as a bit of a diva at times... and then for some reason he got butt hurt that Nebraska fans were mad about his decision....

If the rumors are true that he wanted Nebraska and his AU coach wanted Auburn.. then something is up.. but at the end of the day, as a fan base we need to leave the recruiting to the coaches and quit tweeting at players- positive or negative... I tweeted at him once after he committed saying "Bummed we didnt get him, but wished him the best of luck" shockingly enough, he didnt retweet me or anyone else who said things like that... The kid is trying to create a chip on his shoulder...

I hate that we lost him, but think we hyped him up a bit.. He choose Auburn.. time to move on.

I still love this team that we have... Sucks Atewe choose another program, but lets move on and focus on the boys we have.p

And people wonder why i am against tweeting recruits.

I still love this team that we have... Sucks Atewe choose another program, but lets move on and focus on the boys we have.p

And people wonder why i am against tweeting recruits.

No kidding. I don't like it at all.

I still love this team that we have... Sucks Atewe choose another program, but lets move on and focus on the boys we have.

Apparently he has a lot of company from our supposed fan base. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just another reason why tweeting recruits is a bad idea. You have a better chance of giving this kids a negative impression of your fanbase than a positive one. Does it suck that he's not coming here? Yes. Is it his decision and his alone? Absolutely. Even if shady stuff went down, that's his prerogative.

Agreed huskeraddict. Sadly most people need to hear the lesson "if you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all" again. Last time I checked this is still a free country, which means these kids can go to school wherever they damn please. You can't fault a kid for choosing a school over your own. They have their reasons for their decisions. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but everybody should respect it. Calling them out with insults just makes a fanbase look childish. Besides, you know these high school kids are gonna retweet the negative comments. Didn't you know your popularity is directly coorelated to your number of "haters"? :sarcasm

AAU mentors.... Hm...

Heard something shady went down...

Just like you heard he was N?

Miles and I have something in common

No, you don't.

Well not Headley personally but a guy he knows said they have something in common...woooweee!

No he didn't

No, No he didn't but you could imagine what it'd be like if they did, right?..... EVERYBODY ON THE BUS!?! GOOD, GREAT, GRAND, WONDERFUL.