(2013) PF Matthew Atewe [Auburn Commit]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting that the only video we have is him just standing on a court and shooting in practice. Can't even tell if they go in.

I'm sure he is pretty good. But, that video doesn't show us anything.

Yah, that's a bummer.

I sure wish we had more names in the hopper. It's hard to tell how many in-roads we are making.

They haven't offered yet, but it is still Duke. If they offer you a scholarship is has to be pretty damn hard to turn that down.

I don't know if I'd be more proud of sitting on Duke's bench for 4 years or leading Nebraska to their first tourney win ever.

I don't get where the thought that this kid rides the pine for 4 years comes from. Programs like that don't bring kids in to sit. Atewe is really athletic and at the very least would be a defensive presence for where ever he ends up.

They haven't offered yet, but it is still Duke. If they offer you a scholarship is has to be pretty damn hard to turn that down.

I don't know if I'd be more proud of sitting on Duke's bench for 4 years or leading Nebraska to their first tourney win ever.

I don't get where the thought that this kid rides the pine for 4 years comes from. Programs like that don't bring kids in to sit. Atewe is really athletic and at the very least would be a defensive presence for where ever he ends up.

It's not that they bring kids in to sit, it's that they recruit at such a high level and stay away from one-and-done kids, that you often get buried on the depth chart, waiting for your chance.