I'm finally there, sadly so.

I was hoping for Bo to turn this thing around, but through 4 1/2 years it's painfully obvious he sucks at coaching fundamentals, and he just doesn't come close to getting the most out of his players.

His days are numbered unless we somehow manage not to get blown out by Michigan next week. In other words, his days are numbered. He's coaching for his job from here on out.

You're honor! I'd like this statement stricken from the record!

My crow tastes bad.

I hate to say this but I think Northwestern was favored by 7 I seriously think Nebraska threw that game. There are college that have played for a 150 year that never in there program history have they had penalties thrown for lineman not being on the line. This game was thrown intentionally!!

you actually believe someone on the team was trying to throw the game? i hope you weren't serious.

I was hoping for Bo to turn this thing around, but through 4 1/2 years it's painfully obvious he sucks at coaching fundamentals, and he just doesn't come close to getting the most out of his players.

His days are numbered unless we somehow manage not to get blown out by Michigan next week. In other words, his days are numbered. He's coaching for his job from here on out.

Well I never thought I would hear this from you! I'm so ashamed. I keed, I keed.. I felt the same way all game long. I still feel the same way. Great win by this team, but this is not the way a team should look. Unfortunately we've had the penalties, missteps, and boneheaded turnovers far too many times. Michigan will be very tough for us, and it's in our house. What is an upbeat feeling now can be completely reversed unfortunately.

Ready...set...go for Huskerboard full on retard mode!

Sane posters might want to stay away for a while.

I tried to not make it a melt down or "retard" mode. Rather than just come back with a snide, no input remark? Do you think the performance this entire year is acceptable? Do you think no changes need to be made? What do you suggest be done?

By the way, your use of "retard" is more offensive than anything anyone has ever posted on this site. "Retard" is just as blatantly offensive as the "n" word. Join the 21st Century and be glad that you nor none of your loved ones is intellectually challenged. Seriously.

This board is so hilarious to read after a game like the one we just played. People start to go into meltdown mode before the game is even over. People who have never been on this board before are writing novels entitled 'Ode to Bo's Firing' or 'The Rise and Fall of the Pelini Era'. It's just a hoot!!

1 down 5 to go!

• Fire 1

This^^^^^^^^^^^. It is not that we are winning. That is great. We are one of 8 teams that have won 9 games that past 4 years. Again great. BUT take away the 4 "gimmees" each year and we eek out 5 more wins against bottom feeders in our conference. We are not/have not won the "big games" without superior quality guys (that were recruited by Call).

We are arguably the most fundamentally unsound team in the country IMO. Look at our TO's with fumbles....Ridiculous. That type of play will get you no closer to the MNC than the man on the moon. We stink at the basics. The basics. Where is the player development? Guys actually improving. Hell Martinez went out and hired his own coach. We came out flat after one of the worst beatings in the history of NU, after a bye week against a team that beat us last year in our house and played flat. WTH.

We are not a championship caliber team. We do not have championship calibre coaches. I am watching KSU right now. No way to they have better amenities, history, tradition, recruits or players than NU does. they have a coach and staff that can flat out coach and develop kids. we do not. After 4.5 years so people really see CONSISTENT improvement? Flashes of brilliance yes, but after SUH we have been on a steadily declining diet of subpar performances.

We need to really evaluate what we want to be and what we need to do to get there. I didn't see any real wholesale changes today. the D played much better, but still had issues ie 80 yrd trap run for a TD and inability to get several INT's.

By the way, your use of "retard" is more offensive than anything anyone has ever posted on this site. "Retard" is just as blatantly offensive as the "n" word. Join the 21st Century and be glad that you nor none of your loved ones is intellectually challenged. Seriously.

Political correctness is the bane of a free society.

Ready...set...go for Huskerboard full on retard mode!

Sane posters might want to stay away for a while.

I tried to not make it a melt down or "retard" mode. Rather than just come back with a snide, no input remark? Do you think the performance this entire year is acceptable? Do you think no changes need to be made? What do you suggest be done?

I agree. I hate the 'R' word. I work with cognitively challenged kids everyday and none of them act like what you're describing. This board always goes haywired when we start to lose or make stupid plays/penalties-it's the nature of the beast. Increase your vocabulary-find other words that describe a poor play rather than flipping out the 'R' word.

And if you want to know why I didn't "add" anything to the thread, it's because there is nothing to add to it that hasn't already been said a million times. People already laughed in our faces when we got rid of Solich like we did. Nebraska is not the super job many Husker fans think it is. If they fire Pelini now, or at the end of the season, it sets the program back even further. We'll get no decent coaching interested in the job and no players interested in gambling on a progam that goes through coaches like they're trying out different types of candy.

Bingo!

The same terminal brain-dead crowd cheered firing Frank/Bo for "only" going 10 - 3 to bring in an NFL genius HC. A "Super Bowl" coach!

Oh boy......this time there won't be a TO to bail us out if they get their way again.

I hate to say this but I think Northwestern was favored by 7 I seriously think Nebraska threw that game. There are college that have played for a 150 year that never in there program history have they had penalties thrown for lineman not being on the line. This game was thrown intentionally!!

LOL wrong, wrong, then even more wrong

I agree. I hate the 'R' word. I work with cognitively challenged kids everyday and none of them act like what you're describing. This board always goes haywired when we start to lose or make stupid plays/penalties-it's the nature of the beast. Increase your vocabulary-find other words that describe a poor play rather than flipping out the 'R' word.

If the word bothers you so much, feel free to ignore my posts. Then you'll never see it from me again. I'm guessing you didn't see the thread where I used "increased" vocabulary and was accused of trying to make myself sound overly intelligent by a troll. I'd say the word retard is a very accurate description for the state Huskerboard finds itself in on an all too often basis lately, and since I didn't directly call anyone a retard, it's not against board rules. Thanks.

A question--is it so far-fetched to take a middle ground in this discussion? That is, Bo stays but we look at the new AD asking for turnover in our position coaches?

We knew Bo would be a rough product for a while when we hired him, but that doesn't mean he can't reevaluate some of his staff. I think most are in agreement that Cotton could stand to be folded into the AD office, and it would behoove Bo to bring in an experienced DC that has been able to recruit and stop mobile QBs.

Fresh blood and ideas couldn't hurt--we don't need to make wholesale changes to the team...but the sloppy play, turnovers, mental errors, and lack of consistency point towards something being fundamentally wrong with the staff as-is.

I know moderation isn't the popular path, as extremism is typically easy to justify as it requires less effort to convince.

But extremism is hardly ever the correct path, and the "extreme" options of scuttling the program en masse or letting the program ride as-is appear to be equal parts unappealing and damaging to DoNU.