Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

Bo said it best after the Texas A&M when Ben Cotton got the business. "I would rather my players be angry at me than go out on the field and take their angry and do something stupid."

That might be make sense if these guys didn't keep going out and doing stupid things. Every year under Bo this team is one of the most penalized in the conference...no matter which conference they're in. Being undisciplined and unable to protect the ball has become a hallmark of the Huskers. It's like it's become acceptable as long as we can squeak out a win.

I would much rather see Bo or any coach for that matter get in a players face for making a mistake that could cost them the game rather than to dismiss it as commonplace for his team.

I would want any coach fired if a player made a mistake that cost us the game and had no emotion or dismissed it in a non-caring attitude. That's what Bill Callahan was like. "Well, (insert player name) didn't cover his man correctly and cost us the game. Oh well, get ready for the next game." No coach, you find yourself a new job.

I can't understand why folks attack Bo over him so called (embarrassing) a kid on National TV is a disgrace to our program. Its like yelling at a teenager or young adult is wrong. Like parents don't already yell at their teenage kids in high school.

This is a problem with society in general. kids misbehave and get punished and the panzies come running to coddle the brat. Now a player makes a mistake, coach makes a point of it, but it's ok young fella it's ok. It's a life lesson folks, cuz when you're out in the real world after Nebraska football and the ipods and godlike treatment, when you make a mistake and the real world kicks you in the nuts and backhands you across the face, no one's gonna be there to wipe up your tears. Toughen up. We should be glad to have a coach that hold players accountable like this. They will be thankful for it years from now.

• Fire 1

Bo said it best after the Texas A&M when Ben Cotton got the business. "I would rather my players be angry at me than go out on the field and take their angry and do something stupid."

That might be make sense if these guys didn't keep going out and doing stupid things. Every year under Bo this team is one of the most penalized in the conference...no matter which conference they're in. Being undisciplined and unable to protect the ball has become a hallmark of the Huskers. It's like it's become acceptable as long as we can squeak out a win.

I would much rather see Bo or any coach for that matter get in a players face for making a mistake that could cost them the game rather than to dismiss it as commonplace for his team.

I would want any coach fired if a player made a mistake that cost us the game and had no emotion or dismissed it in a non-caring attitude. That's what Bill Callahan was like. "Well, (insert player name) didn't cover his man correctly and cost us the game. Oh well, get ready for the next game." No coach, you find yourself a new job.

I can't understand why folks attack Bo over him so called (embarrassing) a kid on National TV is a disgrace to our program. Its like yelling at a teenager or young adult is wrong. Like parents don't already yell at their teenage kids in high school.

I think there's a difference between making a mistake like muffing a punt and making a mistake like negating a turnover with a completely boneheaded personal foul. I understand why Bo tries to keep calm when he gets 3 fumbles from 3 different guys in the span of a few minutes. I don't understand why he wasn't all over Stafford (I think that's who it was) for the PF on that punt that was muffed.

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You know there's a difference between accidently being spat on in the middle of a conversation than someone going all ace ventura when nature calls on your face #bumblebeetuna

• Fire 2

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You know there's a difference between accidently being spat on in the middle of a conversation than someone going all ace ventura when nature calls on your face #bumblebeetuna

Thank you.

You know, when I talk to people, I accidentally spit on them sometimes. I must be a disrespectful person.

Let me ask you all this.  Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way?  Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make?  Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?Could imagine if Lou Holtz's microphone was a human being?... the nerve of some people

You're not the only one.  I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's....  You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You know, when I talk to people, I accidentally spit on them sometimes. I must be a disrespectful person.

Could imagine if Lou Holtz's microphone was a human being?.... the nerve of some people

Goodness.

Has anyone ever played for a coach that just screams and yells?

Has anyone played for a coach that hardly ever did?

Anyone ever play for a coach that only did it when necessary?

Here's my angle:

Bell has hardly played ths year, which is probly frustrating for him. He gets in the game after some bad play by the guy in front of him. On his FIRST play he gets a penalty called on him! So he comes out, basically, gets right back to the pine. Which is even MORE frustrating. On the way to the bench, he gets a little earful, rightfully so. But that pisses him off and he knows he's back to being frustrated on the pine, thinking it'll be a long way back to the field. "how am I supposed to prove myself by getting ONE play the

last 3 weeks??!?"

So he just yells back to a guy who always yells at him. Bo could've made a point to show him that he's the only who gets to yell. Instead Bo turns around and gets back to the game. That's growth. Did you see a couple players (cotton and another veteran were on Bell) talking and dealing with it? That's leadership.

Did u see us come right back and win the game? That's a team unified and not freaked out by an incident that could've been disruptive. I played for coaches who yelled and screamed and they were pricks. Sometimes you gotta yell back. Sometimes u gotta take it. Bell is either gonna get fired up and prove that, even if it's only 1 play, he can get it done.

So it was heated, it was awkward, it could've been more or worse. Pretty much like the the whole game/season. But I choose to see growth by the leaders, the coach, amd hopefully by Bell.

• Fire 4

Goodness.

Here's my angle:

Bell has hardly played ths year, which is probly frustrating for him. He gets in the game after some bad play by the guy in front of him. On his FIRST play he gets a penalty called on him! So he comes out, basically, gets right back to the pine. Which is even MORE frustrating. On the way to the bench, he gets a little earful, rightfully so. But that pisses him off and he knows he's back to being frustrated on the pine, thinking it'll be a long way back to the field. "how am I supposed to prove myself by getting ONE play the

last 3 weeks??!?"

So he just yells back to a guy who always yells at him. Bo could've made a point to show him that he's the only who gets to yell. Instead Bo turns around and gets back to the game. That's growth. Did you see a couple players (cotton and another veteran were on Bell) talking and dealing with it? That's leadership.

Did u see us come right back and win the game? That's a team unified and not freaked out by an incident that could've been disruptive. I played for coaches who yelled and screamed and they were pricks. Sometimes you gotta yell back. Sometimes u gotta take it. Bell is either gonna get fired up and prove that, even if it's only 1 play, he can get it done.

So it was heated, it was awkward, it could've been more or worse. Pretty much like the the whole game/season. But I choose to see growth by the leaders, the coach, amd hopefully by Bell.

+1 sir. Most logical explanation of the night. Particularily the bold. A lot of talk in the offseason attitude changes was of Bo studying hard and learning how each player individually reacts to certain treatment. And I've seen the results. I've seen him chew ass on certain players, and I've seen him go easy on some guys. He's learning.

A coach that has lost his team doesn't get a comeback win on the road like we got today. Nor does he get a comback win against Wisconsin at home. You just get players giving up and not giving a sh#t. That's not what we're seeing.

Are there problem areas that need work? Hell yes.

Would some of these posters be using a loss to NW as evidence that Bo has lost the team? Absolutely. Would those same posters refuse to accept that a comeback win is evidence against their "Bo has lost the team" bullsh#t? Of course. That is the derp that is Huskerboard.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Goodness.

Here's my angle:

last 3 weeks??!?"

What was also good to see, was after that happend acouple of the SR walked over and talked to him. to me that was good leadership.