Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

Bo is not the one fumbling, he is not the one causing penalties...

This is a fair enough excuse, 3-4 years ago. But those miscues have become a trend to the point that they're a mainstay of Pelini's program. I don't think there's any question it's a coaching issue at this point.

I agree and I'm a pelini supporter.

This is a fair enough excuse, 3-4 years ago. But those miscues have become a trend to the point that they're a mainstay of Pelini's program. I don't think there's any question it's a coaching issue at this point.

I agree with this also. The staff HAS to find a way to get the team to focus. Holding on to the ball, catching the ball, penalties, most all of these are a focus problem that I can not figure out, it is crazy.

I've been a staunch Pelini supporter, and I really hope he gets it together. But, for Christ's sake, he tried to call a timeout that would have negated our game winning touchdown yesterday. Get your sh#t together Bo! :lol:

I've been a staunch Pelini supporter, and I really hope he gets it together. But, for Christ's sake, he tried to call a timeout that would have negated our game winning touchdown yesterday. Get your sh#t together Bo! :lol:

Yeah I laughed when I read that this morning especially Taylors reaction to it. Bo does call timeout in the craziest moments I will give you that.

I wish someone would post this exchange on youtube. Just finished rewatching it on the BTN replay. TALK ABOUT MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Jeez! I was expecting a knock down drag out with spit flying and a raging Bell being dragged off. What I saw was Bo pointing at Bell from 4 or 5 feet away and it did look like all he said was something like "That's on you" and exasperated Bell complains/defends him self and a few assistants gently guide him away .. touching him on the elbow with an open hand and the crowd opens up and Bell walks behind the line. Later a few players are shown talking to Bell, either giving him advice or calming him down. I mean WOW! What some people think they see.

Yeah, you're right we were just imagining things. And the cameraman who cut to the scene was just imagining it too. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked, but it certainly looked bad.. bad enough that they switched the camera feed to show it.

I wish someone would post this exchange on youtube. Just finished rewatching it on the BTN replay. TALK ABOUT MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Jeez! I was expecting a knock down drag out with spit flying and a raging Bell being dragged off. What I saw was Bo pointing at Bell from 4 or 5 feet away and it did look like all he said was something like "That's on you" and exasperated Bell complains/defends him self and a few assistants gently guide him away .. touching him on the elbow with an open hand and the crowd opens up and Bell walks behind the line. Later a few players are shown talking to Bell, either giving him advice or calming him down. I mean WOW! What some people think they see.

Yeah, you're right we were just imagining things. And the cameraman who cut to the scene was just imagining it too. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked, but it certainly looked bad.. bad enough that they switched the camera feed to show it.

The ONLY part that looked bad was when Bell decided to retaliate

I think we should all understand that because of Bo's rep (highlighted and magnified by the media) the camera guys are just salivating to catch him in a potential "blowup" moment to cement their notions about him.

He has, I believed done a better job the last year. But, his "normal" mug shot doesn't exactly scream sunshine anyway so it's a short leap to a gleeful camera schmucks "gotchya"

I agree with this also. The staff HAS to find a way to get the team to focus. Holding on to the ball, catching the ball, penalties, most all of these are a focus problem that I can not figure out, it is crazy.

Rewatched the game today. Kyler's fumble was probably less about focus and more about trying to do too much. He made a great catch and released one hand on the ball to push off the defender trying to gain more yardage, possibly score. The team needs to gain confidence that they don't need to rely on the big play. Take the catch, protect the ball and have confidence that they can keep moving the ball from there. Same thing with Enunwa's catch against OSU that was ruled incomplete when he tried to extend for a touchdown. Sounds like Bo has already recognized this and will address it. I noticed that we had no QB/RB fumbles in the game which were a problem previously. Do the coaches get credit for this?

I believe the punt fumbles were caused by the way they were punting the football. He had a heck of a spin on the ball and was making it curve a lot. You can see it in Bell's fumble. He had to drift over 5-7 yards just to get under it. They would have been better off leaving Ameer in to field the punt since he had a better feel for it and had already seen it. Bell has better hands which is why he was put in but his fumble was due to not being used to the curve ball they were kicking. We need to catch them irregardless.

I wonder if the penalties for lining up too far off the line are related to pulling and they were cheating to get around the line. If that's the case the coaches should have noticed that in practice and corrected it. Didn't we have this problem last year?

I understand that it is getting really old having the same BS happen all the time but what can Bo do about it...Maybe a different drill or something that will stick. i might be giving Bo the benefit of the doubt, but I would think he has addressed the situation in a few different ways and is almost at a loss because it keeps happening. I'm no saying Bo is innocent of it either, it is a team game and the coaches are just as much at fault on things as the players.

A hallucination, in the broadest sense of the word, is a perception in the absence of a stimulus. In a stricter sense, hallucinations are defined as perceptions in a conscious and awake state in the absence of external stimuli which have qualities of real perception, in that they are vivid, substantial, and located in external objective space. The most common modality referred to when people speak of hallucinations. These include the phenomena of seeing things which are not present or visual perception which does not reconcile with the physical, consensus reality. There are many different causes, which have been classed as psychophysiologic (a disturbance of brain structure), psychobiochemical (a disturbance of neurotransmitters), and psychological (e.g. meaningful experiences consciousness), this is also the case in Alzheimer's disease. Numerous disorders can involve visual hallucinations, ranging from psychotic disorders to dementia to migraine, but experiencing visual hallucinations does not in itself mean there is necessarily a disorder. Visual hallucinations are associated with organic disorders of the brain and with drug and alcohol related illness,and not typically considered the result of a psychiatric disorder.

There are few treatments for many types of hallucinations. However, for those hallucinations caused by mental disease, a psychologist or psychiatrist should be alerted, and treatment will be based on the observations of those doctors. Antipsychotic and atypical antipsychotic medication may also be utilized to treat the illness if the symptoms are severe and cause significant distress. For other causes of hallucinations there is no factual evidence to support any one treatment is scientifically tested and proven. However, abstaining from hallucinogenic drugs, managing stress levels, living healthily, and getting plenty of sleep can help reduce the prevalence of hallucinations. In all cases of hallucinations, medical attention should be sought out and informed of one's specific symptoms.

Watch Taylor's reaction in the postgame when a reporter tells him Bo tried to call timeout, it's priceless!

Watch Taylor's reaction in the postgame when a reporter tells him Bo tried to call timeout, it's priceless!

by chance do you have a link?

How does it look to recruits and their families when a head coach and a player are yelling at each other

Have you ever heard of an organization called the Marine Corps? Those guys yell at young men a lot, and they still get thousands of superior young men to join up with their families' blessings.

@ss chewings don't happen in a perfect world...because in that perfect world, no one screws up. Also, @ss chewings are seldom fatal, both the earned ones and undeserved ones. At least Pelini and Bell both know what they thought of the whole deal.

An @ss chewing is a tool in the toolbox, just like encouragement or extra coaching. It doesn't fix all problems, but it has its time and place.

I see your point. The thing is, the marine corps will chew your ass and then shove ya right back out there to give you the opportunity to show one, that your a fighter, and two that you learned and won't make the same mistake again.

I'm not so sure this is Bo's way of doing things. Will Bo chew you up and down and then put you on the field to prove yourself. Or will Bo chew your ass and then sit you on the bench never to be seen again? Will Antonio Bell be given another opportunity? We will see. If not though, I think that's the wrong approach.

How does it look to recruits and their families when a head coach and a player are yelling at each other

Have you ever heard of an organization called the Marine Corps? Those guys yell at young men a lot, and they still get thousands of superior young men to join up with their families' blessings.

@ss chewings don't happen in a perfect world...because in that perfect world, no one screws up. Also, @ss chewings are seldom fatal, both the earned ones and undeserved ones. At least Pelini and Bell both know what they thought of the whole deal.

An @ss chewing is a tool in the toolbox, just like encouragement or extra coaching. It doesn't fix all problems, but it has its time and place.

I see your point. The thing is, the marine corps will chew your ass and then shove ya right back out there to give you the opportunity to show one, that your a fighter, and two that you learned and won't make the same mistake again.

I'm not so sure this is Bo's way of doing things. Will Bo chew you up and down and then put you on the field to prove yourself. Or will Bo chew your ass and then sit you on the bench never to be seen again? Will Antonio Bell be given another opportunity? We will see. If not though, I think that's the wrong approach.

I think, bell did get in and played. like I said I think.