Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You dont even get ponies for that. Just this. :facepalm:

You enjoy being spat upon?

You're a moron

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?

You're not the only one. I posted that thought a couple weeks ago...the response was, mostly, pictures of ponies...i have no idea what that means....

Seems the team's meltdown's coincide with Bo's.... You know when he yells, he spits on the players...what is more disrespectful than that?

You dont even get ponies for that. Just this. :facepalm:

You enjoy being spat upon?

You're a moron

3-day suspension for the personal attack.

• Fire 1

Goodness.

Has anyone ever played for a coach that just screams and yells?

Has anyone played for a coach that hardly ever did?

Anyone ever play for a coach that only did it when necessary?

Here's my angle:

Bell has hardly played ths year, which is probly frustrating for him. He gets in the game after some bad play by the guy in front of him. On his FIRST play he gets a penalty called on him! So he comes out, basically, gets right back to the pine. Which is even MORE frustrating. On the way to the bench, he gets a little earful, rightfully so. But that pisses him off and he knows he's back to being frustrated on the pine, thinking it'll be a long way back to the field. "how am I supposed to prove myself by getting ONE play the

last 3 weeks??!?"

So he just yells back to a guy who always yells at him. Bo could've made a point to show him that he's the only who gets to yell. Instead Bo turns around and gets back to the game. That's growth. Did you see a couple players (cotton and another veteran were on Bell) talking and dealing with it? That's leadership.

Did u see us come right back and win the game? That's a team unified and not freaked out by an incident that could've been disruptive. I played for coaches who yelled and screamed and they were pricks. Sometimes you gotta yell back. Sometimes u gotta take it. Bell is either gonna get fired up and prove that, even if it's only 1 play, he can get it done.

So it was heated, it was awkward, it could've been more or worse. Pretty much like the the whole game/season. But I choose to see growth by the leaders, the coach, amd hopefully by Bell.

What was also good to see, was after that happend acouple of the SR walked over and talked to him. to me that was good leadership.

And now we'll see the reaction of Bell whom I like as a defender. No one is bigger than the team, see A Green, Klatchko, Dillard, et al.

It takes longer than 5 yrs to grow a culture for a new HC. I think Bo is on his way. Now if he could take care of the turnovers and penalties.

We put 30-40k fans in another team's stadium.

Our FANS were cheering when one of our guys finally caught a called fair catch.

It was that kinda day.

And we won.

Was Bo supposed to congratulate our guys for winning, in spite of doing everything they could to lose the damn game?

The Huskerboard fans are freaking psychotic, bipolar. What could Bo do, that would satisfy some of you? Was he supposed to congratulate them for the mistakes that have plagued us for so long?

Glad we got the win, and most of the above is rhetorical, not meant for a single person, or to irritate anyone. We have a long way to go, and I hope the team improves, even the tiniest bit, or my hopes for next year are totally without merit.

GBR!

Goodness.

Has anyone ever played for a coach that just screams and yells?

Has anyone played for a coach that hardly ever did?

Anyone ever play for a coach that only did it when necessary?

Here's my angle:

Bell has hardly played ths year, which is probly frustrating for him. He gets in the game after some bad play by the guy in front of him. On his FIRST play he gets a penalty called on him! So he comes out, basically, gets right back to the pine. Which is even MORE frustrating. On the way to the bench, he gets a little earful, rightfully so. But that pisses him off and he knows he's back to being frustrated on the pine, thinking it'll be a long way back to the field. "how am I supposed to prove myself by getting ONE play the

last 3 weeks??!?"

So he just yells back to a guy who always yells at him. Bo could've made a point to show him that he's the only who gets to yell. Instead Bo turns around and gets back to the game. That's growth. Did you see a couple players (cotton and another veteran were on Bell) talking and dealing with it? That's leadership.

Did u see us come right back and win the game? That's a team unified and not freaked out by an incident that could've been disruptive. I played for coaches who yelled and screamed and they were pricks. Sometimes you gotta yell back. Sometimes u gotta take it. Bell is either gonna get fired up and prove that, even if it's only 1 play, he can get it done.

So it was heated, it was awkward, it could've been more or worse. Pretty much like the the whole game/season. But I choose to see growth by the leaders, the coach, amd hopefully by Bell.

Just to clarify, that wasn't Bell's first play of the game. He had gotten several snaps before that penalty, including 1 play when he got lost and did not cover Colter on a 3rd-and-long, which resulted in a NWU 1st down at a point in the game when we really needed a stop. Makes me, for one, think his exchange with Pelini was something more than what it appeared (being benched b/c of a penalty).

totally agree. interstingly enough, i have been fortunate to be part of some pretty successful entrepreneurial organizations. one of them was run by a guy like Bo...its no longer around...that organization was full of great talent, but the boss was unpredictable and eventually that company failed....i think Bo's demeanor is costing this team big. he has the players to compete...

totally agree. interstingly enough, i have been fortunate to be part of some pretty successful entrepreneurial organizations. one of them was run by a guy like Bo...its no longer around...that organization was full of great talent, but the boss was unpredictable and eventually that company failed....i think Bo's demeanor is costing this team big. he has the players to compete...

Oh my, did you just compare coaching college football to running a business in terms of emotion and such?

I don't even see how this is an issue. We get smoked by Michigan next week, lose one that we shouldn't and this nonsense is over by January. Nebraska gets a real coach and Pelini gets to live out his dream of being an actual cave man somewhere. Win-win.

This should be good........................take it easy when you respond everyone.

I'm not going to go on a rant, or insult anybody, or post pictures that are just plain scary cuz' I got in trouble for that yesterday.

All I can really say is, it is very sad when you listen to the post game radio interviews and the most common heard theme, the best thing Husker players, coaches and fans can come up with is.............

"Hey, a wins a win right?"...

Wow. All time lows.

Oh my, did you just compare coaching college football to running a business in terms of emotion and such?

yes, probably a slight breach of etiquette, but yes. For me, the behaviors that create success are traansferrable to a large extent-atleast thats what sports taught me and continue to teach me. contrasted to that place referrenced above, the place i am now is the polar opposite--the coach(owner) and organization is predictable, fair, level, measured, slow to react, quick to change direction and smart, and crazy successful.....