Quote of the year

In the Big 10:

*Northwestern is the only private school

*Northwestern may have the highest academic standards, and maybe the highest football graduation rate.

*Northwestern is not a football school yet unlike the University of Chicago, which was in the Big10, did not drop Division 1 football.to focus on academics

*Unlike UNL or OSU, Northwestern is not the only sporting venue in town, let alone many other things to do in Chicago

*Northwestern campus does not have a lot of space to grow

*Northwestern would like to be where Stanford is, tops in academics but also tops in sports, but is making progress on the sports end.

A lakefront practice facility is the higher priority, which unlike the stadium will be used every day. Plus the fan base is not there like ND and UNL to fund stadium improvements for reasons above.

So the stadium, which is in a neighborhood like Wrigley, is what it is, and right-sized for now, and please come again in two years.

You guys should be that much more proud of what has been accomplished athletically with all these points. Slight edit though. Nebraska isnt the only venue in town. It's the only one in the state.

No one was saying Northwestern was a bad team or shouldnt be proud of the run they've had. The point was that stadium was a joke and it doesn't have anything to do with size. The sound system was run off of a pair of speakers that looked like home audio speakers. The video scoreboard can't be seen by many and it looks like a 42inch Panasonic. The concessions and restrooms were comical and the place was dirty and needed a bath. Yes it is a private school and yes there has been a LOT of money go through that school. Just spend some of it to enhance the fans experience. The fans were cool and the actual city of Evanston is nice. Just not their digs.

In the Big 10:

*Northwestern may have the highest academic standards, and maybe the highest football graduation rate.

*Northwestern is not a football school yet unlike the University of Chicago, which was in the Big10, did not drop Division 1 football.to focus on academics

*Unlike UNL or OSU, Northwestern is not the only sporting venue in town, let alone many other things to do in Chicago

*Northwestern would like to be where Stanford is, tops in academics but also tops in sports, but is making progress on the sports end.

A lakefront practice facility is the higher priority, which unlike the stadium will be used every day. Plus the fan base is not there like ND and UNL to fund stadium improvements for reasons above.

So the stadium, which is in a neighborhood like Wrigley, is what it is, and right-sized for now, and please come again in two years.

You guys should be that much more proud of what has been accomplished athletically with all these points. Slight edit though. Nebraska isnt the only venue in town. It's the only one in the state.

No one was saying Northwestern was a bad team or shouldnt be proud of the run they've had. The point was that stadium was a joke and it doesn't have anything to do with size. The sound system was run off of a pair of speakers that looked like home audio speakers. The video scoreboard can't be seen by many and it looks like a 42inch Panasonic. The concessions and restrooms were comical and the place was dirty and needed a bath. Yes it is a private school and yes there has been a LOT of money go through that school. Just spend some of it to enhance the fans experience. The fans were cool and the actual city of Evanston is nice. Just not their digs.

oh, the panasonic!!!

Texas A&M's stadium stinks next to Nebraska's too. Baylor is like a high school venue next to Memorial. I wish I could be home for a couple of seasons. Guess I will have to settle for SDSU next year.....

Husker fans doing the wave in the third quarter @ Baylor was fun, though. We also did HUSKER POWER.

In the Big 10:

I liked your stadium, kind of cozy and your fans were great. Thanks for being great hosts and I apologize for some of our younger fans that haven't learned how to be good winners. I'm suprised that half the stadium was Nebraska fans. NW alums should be excited for their team this year with players like Marc and Colter. They may not win the B1G but you certainly have a lot to be proud of. Good luck with the rest of the season.

There is no doubt there is need for Improvements II, but the Lakefront practice facility is the focus now. Warren Buffett would probably agree with that investment analysis, and in time the Improvements ll come. The stadium logistics was overwhelmed by the full house and national TV, given sellouts are not a regular thing; however, given this was Nebraska's first visit, more attention could have been paid to that. Until then, bear with us.

Given this, Nebraska would probably not be a good candidate for Wrigley, because many visiting fans would be insulted to pee in a trough. It's not going to happen

anyway, at least not with Nebraska in 2014.

You would be better comparing Nebraska facility with Solider Field, since the Huskers are more like a pro team being the only game in town . Ironically, in 1960 the Chicago (now Arizona) Cardinals could have moved to Ryan Field but George Halas blocked it. And the Bears could have moved there in 1970 but the people of Evanston opposed it. Improvements would have surely come

In terms of the fans, much of the Northwestern alumni base is across the country. Chicago is more of a Bear town. In local stores, you see Notre Dame, Michigan,

Ohio State, and Illinois gear but rarely Northwestern. The AD's challenge is to continue to sell the Wildcats as "Chicago's Big 10 Team". So for now, visiting fans are a big part of the attendance, like Wisconsin and Nebraska and Michigan, who travel well with the team.

Let me just say that I was glad and am proud to have Nebraska as part of the Big 10, due in big part to Tom Osborne's reputation, versus some of the other schools in the Big 12. You can continue go to any Big 10 school and have the prestige of a great education and great sporting experience too.

In the Big 10:

You and all Northwestern alum and fans have every reason to feel great about your institution --- Northwestern is one of the finest institutions in the world. That they are also already good in sports is pretty amazing. Having your institution as part of our conference is a great thing.

I grew up in Chicago and have a great deal of respect for Northwestern. I think, in general, the Husker fan base sees your institution in a very favorable light.

There is no doubt there is need for Improvements II, but the Lakefront practice facility is the focus now. Warren Buffett would probably agree with that investment analysis, and in time the Improvements ll come. The stadium logistics was overwhelmed by the full house and national TV, given sellouts are not a regular thing; however, given this was Nebraska's first visit, more attention could have been paid to that. Until then, bear with us.

Given this, Nebraska would probably not be a good candidate for Wrigley, because many visiting fans would be insulted to pee in a trough. It's not going to happen

You would be better comparing Nebraska facility with Solider Field, since the Huskers are more like a pro team being the only game in town . Ironically, in 1960 the Chicago (now Arizona) Cardinals could have moved to Ryan Field but George Halas blocked it. And the Bears could have moved there in 1970 but the people of Evanston opposed it. Improvements would have surely come

In terms of the fans, much of the Northwestern alumni base is across the country. Chicago is more of a Bear town. In local stores, you see Notre Dame, Michigan,

Ohio State, and Illinois gear but rarely Northwestern. The AD's challenge is to continue to sell the Wildcats as "Chicago's Big 10 Team". So for now, visiting fans are a big part of the attendance, like Wisconsin and Nebraska and Michigan, who travel well with the team.

Let me just say that I was glad and am proud to have Nebraska as part of the Big 10, due in big part to Tom Osborne's reputation, versus some of the other schools in the Big 12. You can continue go to any Big 10 school and have the prestige of a great education and great sporting experience too.

You make some good points.

Does N still have the pee wall with water cascading down some brick work at Memorial? I haven't been there since the 90s.

Does N still have the pee wall with water cascading down some brick work at Memorial? I haven't been there since the 90s.

I dont know what you mean by this but we do still pee in troughs. Hell the "new" restrooms in the North end have troughs in'em.