Iowa is terrible

MichiganMan

Maybe they will go 5-7 in a crap conference and realize that isn't acceptable if your head coach is making several millions every year.

SO they just wait him out, all ten years of the contract...

If they fire him, they owe him about $21 million. The AD should be fired for signing a contract that even had a buyout like that.

But hell, its Iowa, they are happy being an also ran, missing a couple of bowl games every decade, having one or two 10 win seasons a decade, and the rest of the time hover around .500

Maybe they will go 5-7 in a crap conference and realize that isn't acceptable if your head coach is making several millions every year.

SO they just wait him out, all ten years of the contract...

If they fire him, they owe him about $21 million. The AD should be fired for signing a contract that even had a buyout like that.

But hell, its Iowa, they are happy being an also ran, missing a couple of bowl games every decade, having one or two 10 win seasons a decade, and the rest of the time hover around .500

This is very true. I don't know how, but they are satisfied with this. They find some ridiculous way to be proud of whatever sh**ty bowl game they make, then absolutely never forget the time they get a second or third place finish in the conference, all while acting superior to everyone else of course. I hope they keep Ferentz, I know what he's good for.

Iowa counterargument. Has Pelini achieved a conf title or a BCS game?

I prefer the "steady eddie" over the one hit wonder all the time.

Don't they realize they never won one either? And no, tying with a team that beat you head-to-head does not count as a title, Hawkeye fans.