Next Season

PIMPLE

In 09 when we lost to Texas in the Big 12 title game and they went to the national title game, we didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl just because we lost the conference title game.

UCLA isn't going to the Rose Bowl. Even if Oregon goes to the national title game, and UCLA somehow manages to make and lose the Pac 12 title game, UCLA won't be in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon goes to the national title game the Pac 12 might not even be in the Rose Bowl. You have to be ranked in the top 14 to be picked at large, and I really doubt that will happen, especially with a loss to Oregon in the conference title game. Plus at large bids will be fewer this year since Boise St or Ohio will get one if they get to the top 16, and Notre Dame will also get one if they stay in the top 8.

The 2nd place PAC team will go to the Rose bowl if Oregon goes to the title game you can count on it. And so will we after we beat Wisconsin again.

I think we end this season 9-3 and win the Big10 championship game over Wisconsin. I think we get lucky and Oregon plays in the national championship....USC has Kiffen so they lose to UCLA and we will play UCLA in the Rose bowl.

Next season is the last season of the one game title. I just think we will have a real hard time winning a national championship where we would have to win 2 games like beat Oregon/LSU and then beat Alabama/Florida. So next season thanks to a very easy looking schedule will be our best shot at the national championship for a long time. To be honest i think UCLA will be our toughest opponent....beat them and i think we have a chance at making a run at the title.

Where am i wrong on this post??

The first line. For us to make it to the CCG game at 9-3, it means we beat UM, lose to someone, and UM loses to somebody else. Not likely.

OSU could easily be a loss for Mich. That said it's going to take a hell of a game to beat Mich and if we do it I think it's a sign we turned a corner, we run the board.

I think we end this season 9-3 and win the Big10 championship game over Wisconsin. I think we get lucky and Oregon plays in the national championship....USC has Kiffen so they lose to UCLA and we will play UCLA in the Rose bowl.

Next season is the last season of the one game title. I just think we will have a real hard time winning a national championship where we would have to win 2 games like beat Oregon/LSU and then beat Alabama/Florida. So next season thanks to a very easy looking schedule will be our best shot at the national championship for a long time. To be honest i think UCLA will be our toughest opponent....beat them and i think we have a chance at making a run at the title.

The first line. For us to make it to the CCG game at 9-3, it means we beat UM, lose to someone, and UM loses to somebody else. Not likely.

Actually it is not that far fetched. UM will likely lose to tOSU & NU could stumble along the way, but the toughest part will be winning this weekend.

Actually it is not that far fetched. UM will likely lose to tOSU & NU could stumble along the way, but the toughest part will be winning this weekend.

I don't know how much OSU will have left in the tank at that point. It will help that it is their bowl game though. Braxton is a puss.

You still have Oregon State and Stanford that the Rose Bowl could invite. They will not take the lowest ranked team. Rose Bowl does as it likes it seems. Could end up being KState.

UCLA is not going to be in the Rose Bowl. We have a chance I guess, but that would mean in a year where we have looked terrible numerous time we would have to win 7 in a row most likely. Hang your hat on that, sounds secure to me.

I just think it would be cool to play one of our old rivals. I also saw a KState team that let KU hang around way too long before they put their foot on the throttle. After watching KState play KU, I thought West Virginia would blow them up. Maybe they would have had West Virginia not lost their confidence after running into that buzzsaw known as Texas Tech.

Personally I think we are very lucky to be in the Big 10, we would get murdered in the Big 12 this year.

No we wouldn't. Our Defense is still primarily built for big 12 offenses, which is why we struggle so much this year. Our front 7 isn't Big Ten level yet. the front four is undersized in the Big Ten but is built for the Big 12 and our linebacker depth isn't where it needs to be for the Big Ten but we'd be primarily running our peso in the Big 12 with guys like Cooper and Evans and Harvey Jackson.

Besides, on offense look what Martinez and co. have done against teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State.. Teams that would rank near the top of the Big 12 defensively. What do you think our offensive skill players would do to the Big 12 defenses? You really think Klein is better than Martinez? Did we forget that Taylor Martinez went for 240 and 4 touchdowns against K-State and threw 5 TD's agaisnt Okie Light as a FRESHMAN - before he learned to throw?

We were 3 points from winning the Big 12 with a Freshman QB that couldn't throw and was too injured to run and that was before they ran off all the teams that played Defense, we'd slaughter the Big 12 as it's currently constructed.

We sold out our short term success for long term stability. Simple as that.

Which is fine of course and makes all the sense in the world... but that doesn't mean we ignore it.