Turning the Corner

As I've said before, I'm a Husker fan to the core..win or lose, I'll always be rooting for the Scarlet and Cream.

Obviously I prefer the "win" in that equation, and I've let out my frustrations from time to time this season. Somewhere between Frank S's reign and this year I've come to view every game as an "I hope..." proposition...with the occasional "I doubt..." thrown in.

I know the last two wins haven't been the prettiest, but dad gummit, they are wins against pretty good teams. As I was bagging leaves this afternoon I found myself looking forward to next week's game against MSU and realized I was no longer in the "I hope.." or "I doubt.." mode. I am confident we will win that game. What a nice feeling.

Wishing now I hadn't given our tickets to my daughter for the PSU game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play the games, hope for wins, accept the losses, move forward, learn, develop and maybe in a couple of years we have the sure we win attitude. Too many stupid losses, mistakes, lack of concern, lack of drive to win for me to think we have changed much. We won two games that were good, but we did not play like a champion, we beat Michigan fair and square, but if it has to be said, Dennard was not there the whole game. I doubt it would have made a difference, but you never know.

Proud of the team for the last two games, but know in my heart we could lose just as easy as win yet.

More time for me to buy in I guess.

I'm still on pins and needles. Even a win in East Lansing, it it's sloppy again, would keep me there until the next game. But if we go up there and play a clean game and win by a couple scores, get an early lead to put some doubt into their D, and we can coast a bit, I will start to have a better feeling again.