Mitt Romney oursources his campaign hat order to China

I've answered that question several times in this thread, Conga.

So you really didn't want to start a discussion about Romney outsourcing hats?

Your intention was to troll other HB users with this thread and turn the focus back on another thread topic?

I guess in your head, you succeeded?

Whatever...

Seems like the definition of trolling to me.

"The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous..."

Queue response stating that you weren't trying to make anyone believe anything and that I'm/we're putting words in your mouth.

Both sides are liars and manipulators. It's like those college recruiters that tell innocent kids they'll have no problem paying back 30 grand in loans after their making 30 an hour. In both cases we have people just trying to keep their jobs. Besides...what ISN'T made in china these days?

"The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous..."

Queue response stating that you weren't trying to make anyone believe anything and that I'm/we're putting words in your mouth.

I have no idea where you got that definition. How about HuskerBoard's rules:

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

I didn't take a shot at anyone with this thread. I simply posted a picture that's going around the internet. I vetted it through Snopes, and as of the time I posted it, the pic had not been shown to be false. Significantly, I posted no source for this picture.

I did post this thread in response to several unsourced threads accusing Obama of shenanigans, specifically THIS THREAD, which has no sources, but is being accepted at face value by a number of members.

I have left your report of my thread up for the other Mods to look at. Let them decide.

Isn't a picture usually a standard of proof? A hat which has a designated Logo on it, the burden of proof would be as much to prove it was a knock off.

The claimant has the burden of proof.

--

And this thread is about Benghazi. Get with the program and stop talking about hats guys.

I have no idea where you got that definition. How about HuskerBoard's rules:

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

I didn't take a shot at anyone with this thread. I simply posted a picture that's going around the internet. I vetted it through Snopes, and as of the time I posted it, the pic had not been shown to be false. Significantly, I posted no source for this picture.

I did post this thread in response to several unsourced threads accusing Obama of shenanigans, specifically THIS THREAD, which has no sources, but is being accepted at face value by a number of members.

I have left your report of my thread up for the other Mods to look at. Let them decide.

The board definition says trolling in the rule title, but fails to mention anything about actual trolling in my expert internetting opinion - the most classic definition of trolling is posting something contrary to what you actually think with the intent of getting a reaction out of people.

I would say that the ice you've chosen to stand on isn't very thick, which, in light of the message you received about a month ago, may not have been the wisest of choices.

It's certainly OK to disagree with me or any other Mod or Admin. But how you go about that disagreement... that's a pretty crucial decision. We'll see what happens.

The board definition says trolling in the rule title, but fails to mention anything about actual trolling in my expert internetting opinion - the most classic definition of trolling is posting something contrary to what you actually think with the intent of getting a reaction out of people.

Oh it's there, Knapplc just forget to copy/paste it over. His keyboard/mouse must be acting up again.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted. Read more about this new rule here.

Knapp- I understand the purpose of this thread (and probably some of the others you recently started). Personally though, I think it is an underhanded way of trying to get your larger point across. If you don't like the validity of some of the things being posted about the Benghazi deal, then why not simply refute specifically those things in those threads? Most of us are adult enough to be able to see who makes the better point or sources their information better and then to make up our own minds on what is more credible. If you think some posters are not sufficiently supporting their claims, I don't think the response should be to lower yourself to that level and post things you know are questionable. We may have some disagreements on politics but I still have always respected your opinion and the way you go about making your point. Please don't ruin that because you feel some other people aren't operating at the same level of honesty.

If you have a problem with anything I have posted about Benghazi, then please call me out on it specifically. I have a tendency to post more about my feelings, beliefs, and opinions and often times I will forego searching for or linking sufficient proof. I do not feel I necessarily need to provide impeccable proof for my opinion, only the basis for why it is my opinion. I will not purposely state something as fact unless I can prove it. Does that make sense? I also try to avoid jumping in and helping people who are making weak arguments even if they happen to be on the same side of the political fence as me. If we aren't going to be honest and truthful in our posts, then this whole deal is just a big waste of time and effort.