Worth noting....

Comish

How do you know RKIII is a "very good backup" considering he hasn't hardly played in a gametime situation? Practice is NOT the same and the spring game is NOT that same. Until he has a Penn State defensive lineman, a MSU defensive lineman, a OSU linebacker breathing down his neck that's just speculation on your part.

It's part of playing the "I'm the biggest fan" card that many play on this board. Nothing can ever be a problem, and any criticism of the team (though it may come from honest searching for an honest answer) is a chance to say that you're just not quite a good enough fan.

...but RKIII does have a better arm than Taylor.

:facepalm:

• Fire 1
How do you know RKIII is a "very good backup" considering he hasn't hardly played in a gametime situation? Practice is NOT the same and the spring game is NOT that same. Until he has a Penn State defensive lineman, a MSU defensive lineman, a OSU linebacker breathing down his neck that's just speculation on your part.

It's part of playing the "I'm the biggest fan" card that many play on this board. Nothing can ever be a problem, and any criticism of the team (though it may come from honest searching for an honest answer) is a chance to say that you're just not quite a good enough fan.

...but RKIII does have a better arm than Taylor.

:facepalm:

The coaches and Taylor even said that RKIII is the better passer of the QB's we have. Taylor isn't a very good passer, and still doesn't have the arm of a true QB, but he has improved a lot on his mechanics. Far from perfect, but efficient enough to get the job done.

The coaches and Taylor even said that RKIII is the better passer of the QB's we have. Taylor isn't a very good passer, and still doesn't have the arm of a true QB, but he has improved a lot on his mechanics. Far from perfect, but efficient enough to get the job done.

A fair assessment. And completely agree with Taylor's major improvement.

I think Taylor will be the best all-around QB in the B1G next year.

A fair assessment. And completely agree with Taylor's major improvement.

I think Taylor will be the best all-around QB in the B1G next year.

It all depends. He does have a true threat with Armstrong being eligible to play next year, but I don't see him losing his position as starter, but you never know. Pelini is going to put who he thinks is best out there, no matter what fans think. Look at the defense for example. Taylor is a legitimate dual threat QB. If he works on his mechanics more through the off season, he might mark himself as an Elite QB. 115 more yards, and he breaks Crouch's record. It will be hard for anyone to accomplish that, especially when we rarely ever start anyone from their freshman year at QB.

Link please. I would be shocked if the coaches said something like this. I've never heard anything (except after SC last year by a coach that is no longer here) come from the coaches that would in any way shape or form discount the abilities of the guy on the field.

Ron Kellogg is obviously a better passer. Look at those mechanics. From this pic I can tell his feet are aligned perfectly and he's going to hit the target right on the numbers - and by the way he's holding his left hand, you can tell the pass is going to go over the LB dropped into coverage and through the hands of the safety. Most likely this is a TD pass.

It's science.

ron-kellog-hv.jpg

• Fire 3

Link please. I would be shocked if the coaches said something like this. I've never heard anything (except after SC last year by a coach that is no longer here) come from the coaches that would in any way shape or form discount the abilities of the guy on the field.

Kellogg was surprised when he beat out scholarship quarterbacks Brion Carnes, Armstrong and Bronson Marsh in fall camp. Coaches liked his prolific arm — he might be the best passer on the team — and his knowledge of the offense.

http://www.omaha.com.../709229795/1607

I can't read this at work, but this might be the other article I read a while ago. My websites are limited here at work.

BigRedNetwork-Kellogg