Martinez Set to Pass Crouch on Nebraska's All-Time Yardage List

Barring injury, what's the over/under on the number of yards Taylor will end up amassing in his career? 9,500?

If he follows his current career per game average(222.88) for another 20 games(considering best case scenarios of 6 more this season and 14 next year with B1G Championship appearances) he should end up with over 12,000 career yards.

I believe he's the 3rd QB in FBS history to pass for more than 5,000yds and rush for 2,000yds (Vince Young and Brad Smith are the other two). I think that's what the commentators mentioned during the Michigan game. I could be wrong. I have CRAFT disease

Denard Robinson has over 6000 passing yards and 4100 rushing yards.

Woody Dantzler had over 5500 passing yards and 2500 rushing yards.

Pat White had over 6000 passing yards and 4400 rushing yards.

Antwaan Randle El had over 7400 passing yards and 3800 rushing yards.

Josh Cribbs had over 7100 passing yards and 3600 rushing yards.

I believe he's the 3rd QB in FBS history to pass for more than 5,000yds and rush for 2,000yds (Vince Young and Brad Smith are the other two). I think that's what the commentators mentioned during the Michigan game. I could be wrong. I have CRAFT disease

who was Josh Cribbs?

Barring injury, what's the over/under on the number of yards Taylor will end up amassing in his career? 9,500?

If he follows his current career per game average(222.88) for another 20 games(considering best case scenarios of 6 more this season and 14 next year with B1G Championship appearances) he should end up with over 12,000 career yards.

This year he is averaging 280 per game. I don't see any reason that is going to go down over the next 20 games. That would put him over 13,000 yards. Very impressive.

who was Josh Cribbs?

Was a QB at Kent State and that plays WR/Returner for the Cleveland Browns.

Stats aren't everything, of course. Tommy Frazier's career stats don't exactly raise eyebrows until you get to his won/loss record. Jammal Lord broke Eric Crouch's single season rushing record and I don't remember celebrating. It would have been more fun if Joe Ganz's record setting passing season in 2007 had come with the defense from 2009.

It would be great for Martinez to notch some more big game wins, and they would go alongside his leading the three biggest comebacks in Husker history (let's ignore for the moment that we shouldn't have been that far behind in the first place). And I'm always going to wonder how it would have played if Martinez doesn't get injured his freshman year, then thrown back into the game when he was clearly limited. Or if he had a Husker quality offensive line that gave him an extra second on every pass play. Or better handed receivers those first two seasons. Or a defense that would have turned a couple of those losses into wins.

• Fire 1