Biggest Key to victory over Sparty

Keys to Victory  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first three are definite keys to victory over Sparty, especially when we beat them in Lincoln last year, they might want a little payback.

Michigan St. doesn't have much of an offense, so unless our defense can't contain Bell and makes it easy for them, Sparty is gonna have to rely on their defense. Michigan St. defense is good, they have kept the majority of their games close, i don't see it being any different if the Huskers offense doesn't come out swinging and being aggressive in the trenches opening up the running game. If the Huskers can hit Michigan St. in the mouth early and keep the scoreboard active with points, we win by more than 10. If we have to wear down their defense in order to start scoring by the mid 3rd quarter, its gonna be a close game. And i hate close games, my heart rate goes up.

Thought about voting "Other" for "Score more points" but that doesn't lend itself to discussion.

Turnovers has to be it. I really don't think they can drive the ball down a long field and have much success against us. Last year their offense crossed the 50 two times: a 9 play, 29 yard drive (that's 3.2 yards per play for one of their "better" drives) that resulted in a punt and a 13 play, 56 yard drive where they turned it over on downs. They got their field goal after an interception where they went 8 yards in 7 plays (not counting a NU penalty).

Their offense is worse than last year - in 2011 they were #56 in total offense and #37 in scoring offense. This year they're #97 in total offense and #111 in scoring offense. Our defense is probably about the same as last year or possibly a little better if we can keep playing like we have the last two games.

I just don't see how they will get to double-figures unless we help them out.

Turnovers, easy. Michigan State's defense isn't as good as last year, and their offense is nowhere close to being as good. I don't think they can drive the field on us, and the only way they score more than 17 is if we give them a bunch of turnovers.

Offensive Rankings

Boise State - 77th

Central Michigan - 73rd

Notre Dame - 69th

Central Michigan - 103rd

Ohio State - 45th

Indiana - 37th

Iowa - 104th

Michigan - 82nd

Wisconsin - Wisconsin 95th

--------------------

Average Ranking - 76th

MSU's defense is good, but they haven't really played any great offenses, and nobody with the talent at all the skill positions. Barring a turnover fest (MSU has gotten less turnovers than us, and doesn't get sacks), we should win this by 2 TD's.