Biggest Key to victory over Sparty

Keys to Victory  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with not turn the ball over, but in making that choice I meant we need to win the turnover battle, which means our Blackshirts gotta play a heckuva game to win that battle. The more we have the ball, the more we'll score. The fewer times they have the ball, the fewer points they'll score. Simple as that.

IMO, your not going to establish a running game if you don't have a passing game, and make them fear that you are efficient and not scared to go in the air. We will need to be at like a 65% rush, 35% pass against a team like Michigan State. They are good at stopping the run, and their secondary is the weakest spot in their defense. Exploit their secondary, we will have a running game. If we just go out and run, run and run again, they will just stack 7 in the box and wear us down before we wear them down. I hope we see Adbullah, Heard, Cross and Janovich get a good amount of carries.

I think the biggest key is scoring 21 points anyway we can, pretty much the samething I was saying in week 3 except the points went up by 4. With the way our defense is coming along if we just play sound football on offense and have a +2 or less turnover differential we should have the game in the bag. MSU hasn't put up 21 points on a team that fielded a defense against them this year.

IMO the biggest key to winning this game is just not beating ourselves. We can be a scary team if we play a clean game and cut down on the TOs and penalties. Mich. St. has the type of offense that we have proven we can shut down in the Pelini era. As long as we can sustain drives and put some points on the board, I think our defense is primed for another breakout game.

No turnovers. This will be a defensive battle. Our offense is probably better than theirs, but their defense is probably better than ours. We don't need to give their offense any opportunities and field position could be a big part of this game. Hope Maher has his punting leg ready to boom em'.