United Nations at polling sites how do you feel about that?

Screw voter ID laws, how about worker ID laws. Every person who works in the US has to show ID to legally work in the us. Worker suppression and intimidation.......

Come on you're better than that.

What? I am a suppression convert, if people need ID's to work, how can they afford the ID's to get jobs. We are forcing the poor to stay poor.

Your sarcastic argument is flawed, the government provides social security cards to citizens. Pretty sure most people have said they don't have a problem with voter ID as long as it is cheap and didn't suddenly pop up during an election year.

While some of my post are sarcastic, the argument is not flawed, a social security card is not acceptable by itself. So it is harder to work in the US, then to be able to vote. We can use the same ABC list to ensure voters rights are the same as those to get jobs in this county.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e8e31921c6898210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e8e31921c6898210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

It seems the major things that the UN poll watchers noticed was our lack of requiring voter ID at the polls, allowing provisional ballots, and the fact that the states each have differing ways of conducting the elections. This would seem to fly in the face of those who claim we are suppressing votes by requiring voter ID. Looks like the rest of the world thinks we are too lenient in that regard.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/11/06/foreign_election_officials_amazed_by_trust_based_us_voting_system

This would seem to fly in the face of those who claim we are suppressing votes by requiring voter ID. Looks like the rest of the world thinks we are too lenient in that regard.

I don't think that anyone here said that requiring voter ID inherently suppresses votes. It's all in the implementation.

• Fire 1

The UN has monitored (observed) our elections before this year. They were amazed that we do not have a voter ID system.

The ironic thing is, we do not need an id to vote. The voting roll i sused for jury duty. But when reporting to jury duty, we have to show an id.

I used to write philosophy papers in college- forget what that was called.

I think we should have to show an ID to vote. But there should be readily available, cost-effective (or free) IDs that are good for this. Nobody should have to pay $10 (or whatever the cost) to vote. And I'm damned glad the voter suppression tactics didn't affect this election.

The UN has monitored (observed) our elections before this year. They were amazed that we do not have a voter ID system.

The ironic thing is, we do not need an id to vote. The voting roll i sused for jury duty. But when reporting to jury duty, we have to show an id.

I used to write philosophy papers in college- forget what that was called.

Metal....no.........steel.....no, ah now I've got it......irony. I believe that is called irony.

Btw, does anybody know if Florida is going to count their votes? Or did they just say F it and go home. Well I know they did that last night in Miami/Dade county but..... I think I have an idea to deal with Florida; how about they only get to vote if the electoral count is still within reach after everyone else is done. They've been a national embarrassment on more than a couple occasions now.

I think we should have to show an ID to vote. But there should be readily available, cost-effective (or free) IDs that are good for this. Nobody should have to pay $10 (or whatever the cost) to vote. And I'm damned glad the voter suppression tactics didn't affect this election.

Problem is nothing will get done. All the stupid issues from this election will be forgotten and not fixed because each side likes to point fingers at the other side and get political hay out of it.

This needs to be started right now for the next election.

Problem is nothing will get done. All the stupid issues from this election will be forgotten and not fixed because each side likes to point fingers at the other side and get political hay out of it.

This needs to be started right now for the next election.

Agreed. And we're guilty of letting that happen.

Let's all make a promise to email our legislators to get this done. Deal?