Today's commentators

huKSer

Its that damn 2:30 slot lol. If other teams were playing well, we would be on ABC or even at a 7:30 slot lol

The B1G doesn't believe in night games in November so we would still be at 2:30.

Crap, I forgot lol. Still stuck in old stage for game times I guess. Still getting use to the fact I don't have to order PPV to see some games lol

Wasn't impressed by 'em. The most annoying was the first half play when Taylor took a direct shot to the face from a blitzing MSU linebacker, after MSU got penalized, the announcers were all "WTF, can't the players just play football?" Replay clearly showed Taylor's helmet jerking backwards from the force of the hit to the head that he took after he had already released the ball. Even after they reviewed the replay, one of the two was like "yeah it's frustrating to not be able to play usual football, but you just gotta know the rules". Idiot.

Wasn't impressed by 'em. The most annoying was the first half play when Taylor took a direct shot to the face from a blitzing MSU linebacker, after MSU got penalized, the announcers were all "WTF, can't the players just play football?" Replay clearly showed Taylor's helmet jerking backwards from the force of the hit to the head that he took after he had already released the ball. Even after they reviewed the replay, one of the two was like "yeah it's frustrating to not be able to play usual football, but you just gotta know the rules". Idiot.

Spielman is an old school linebacker. They didn't call that stuff when he played.

Spielman is an old school linebacker. They didn't call that stuff when he played.

Understood, but it's the man's job to keep up with rules of the game. I mean come on, announcing is a joke of a job compared to what most of us have to do to make a living, and the guy can't even take the time to brush up on basic rules changes? The emphasis on protection of hits to the head and detecting/treating concussions has been going on for several years now, just cause it wasn't like that in the "good ole' days" doesn't mean it was just invented today.

Its that damn 2:30 slot lol. If other teams were playing well, we would be on ABC or even at a 7:30 slot lol

The PSU game is a regional ABC/ESPN2 at 2:30 CST just like yesterday's game. I haven't seen anything official about who the broadcast crew will be yet, but it will almost certainly not be Beth Mowins and Joey Galloway since they generally do 11:00 games.

As for the nit-picking over announcers that some us seem to be obsessed with, I just don't get it. I haven't really had a problem with any of them - even Mowins and Galloway. Sure, some are better than others, and they all say things that are aggravating at times, but I just don't get that stressed over it. Hell, if you survived listening to radio broadcasts during the Jim Rose era, it's hard to complain about anyone as far as I'm concerned.

I thought it was a pretty tickytack call too. I have no problem with Spielman. He played the game the way it was meant to be played. He's probably having a hard time adjusting to the wussification of the sport.

I thought it was a pretty tickytack call too. I have no problem with Spielman. He played the game the way it was meant to be played. He's probably having a hard time adjusting to the wussification of the sport.

I thought it was ticky tack at full speed. but the replay showed obvious malice. Crown of the helmet up under the chin/facemask. Payton manning's jaw was broken on such a hit, right? Until this players start hitting with their shoulders like theyre supposed, these are the hits that are correctly penalized. This contact was not one that "just happens" in football like so many others that are called.

Play-by-play kept patting himself on the back for proper pronunciation of Jean-Baptiste and Enunwa, but then kept calling Taylor "Martiniss"...was driving me nuts. They fumbled JP's name, too. As far as everything else, they seemed fair.

He's called Taylor that since his freshman year. It's just an annunciation thing on his part, like he cant pronounce a "z" properly or something, drives me nuts too.

Technically if he were Hispanic "Martines" would be the proper pronunciation. Z's sound like S's in spanish.