Today's commentators

huKSer

"Sparty" is a Michigan State thing, right? I didn't find that unprofessional. I know a lot of people get worked up if the announcers don't slobber over the Huskers enough or say something even-handed about a penalty call that went against us or things like that...but I didn't really find a problem with these guys.

I do wish they would talk more about all the players coming on and off the field instead of spending half the time shootin' the breeze like every other broadcast team (nearly) in the country. I used to know more Husker players and who all our backups getting time were...back when I listened to the radio.

Play-by-play kept patting himself on the back for proper pronunciation of Jean-Baptiste and Enunwa, but then kept calling Taylor "Martiniss"...was driving me nuts. They fumbled JP's name, too. As far as everything else, they seemed fair.

He's called Taylor that since his freshman year. It's just an annunciation thing on his part, like he cant pronounce a "z" properly or something, drives me nuts too.

Regardless, dont know about today. I figured out this neat trick with my slow dial'up. The radio on Huskers.com is usually about 5-7 seconds ahead of the tv, but when I do any scrolling, it doenst skip, but stops. So by just scrolling the page, I can sync the radio spot one with the TV and just listen to Matt and Sharpy. Ending, McDonough's pretty good. He's right up there with Nessler for me.

hey just as long as we dont we ge the commentators from the ucla game I will be happy

I hated watching the USC/Oregon game because of them. Makes it worse that they are biased for the Southern Cali schools. As for today they were ok but, nothing great. Even though the radio is ahead of the tv nothing beats the play by play of The Husker Sports Network. Unless Berman started calling college football WHOOP!

Meh. The announcing today was poor from a crew I usually like. Seemed as if every penalty against NU was the right call but if it went against MSU it was the wrong call. The officiating today was a mess so the last thing we needed was the announcers taking sides. The only one I really remember was that they did say Stafford got pushed by the MSU player so the late hit call was wrong. Credit them there but they seemed to agree with all the poor PI calls against NU and then when MSU PI's us it was a bad call.

Meh. The announcing today was poor from a crew I usually like. Seemed as if every penalty against NU was the right call but if it went against MSU it was the wrong call. The officiating today was a mess so the last thing we needed was the announcers taking sides. The only one I really remember was that they did say Stafford got pushed by the MSU player so the late hit call was wrong. Credit them there but they seemed to agree with all the poor PI calls against NU and then when MSU PI's us it was a bad call.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I do seem to recall them saying they didn't like at least one of the PI calls against Nebraska.