Could we see a two loss LSU in the rose bowl if we win out?

No it has to be a PAC 10 team this year regardless!!

It doesn't' if the 2nd best PAC 12 team isn't ranked in the top 15. Then the Rose can chose whoever they want to play the B1G Champion. A potential OU vs NU Rose Bowl has already been brought up and the Rose (rumor) isn't against it. But I hope this is how it ends up.

PAC 12 will pick the best ranked team after Oregon, if they make it. Your counting your ducks before the eggs hatch too. Oregon's road isn't complete, same with Alabama and KSU. Notre Dame has the easiest road, until they face USC on the 24th. They will be lucky to get through with a W on that game.

One person left to ruin Alabama's chance, and that is TAMU. I am crossing my fingers for this one. I would love to see a KSU/Oregon NCG.

Oklahoma

I'd like to see that game. I think we match up well against them.

Agreed. :)

If Oregon, Oklahoma, and Nebraska win out, it's more likely than the Rose Bowl putting a second-place Pac-12 team in the Rose Bowl IMO.

From talking to the B1G and Pac-12 purists, the damage to the Rose Bowl tradition is already done and irrecoverable if Nebraska is the B1G representative.

If the Rose Bowl committee feels the same way, they may as well sell out and get a good matchup that people will tune in for instead of running out an Oregon State/Nebraska matcup that people won't give two s***s about.

An Oklahoma/Nebraska matchup is attractive on multiple levels, including political (read: realignment politics) and historical levels. Give this game a day of its own in January, and we're going to see Disney put on a media blitz like no other and drag out all of the games, people, and events associated with this, and this game would easily be a Top 5 bowl game for the season.

Of course, this is all frivolous speculation, and our team needs to win out first, above all else.

I gotta go with Oregon. I think they could give Bama a game. Let's be brutally honest. As much as Snyder deserves the opportunity, Kansas St would be run off the field and chased across Miami against Bama. Oregon would be the best choice in my opinion.

I've always liked KState since Snyder has been there, and I've admired the job he's done. I'll admit that I've doubted them at times this year. When they played KU, KU kept it somewhat close for a while. I kept thinking with the way KState was playing against KU that West Virginia was going to absolutely torch them. KState sits back and just waits for the opposing team to make a mistake. Then, they pounce. After watching lackluster Bama' play LSU, I say there's a chance. Before the game Saturday, I'd have given them no chance. Oregon's offense is fun to watch, but their defense is painful to watch. Bama would just line up and run the same three plays the entire game grinding out 4-5 yard runs each and every play keeping Oregon's high octane offense on the sideline. The way to beat Bama' is doing what LSU did. You can't finesse Bama. You're going to have to grind out tough yards. I don't see Oregon having much success doing this.

At the end of the day, the season will take care of itself. I highly doubt the top 4 in the BCS finish the regular season undefeated. Notre Dame seems the most susceptible for a loss. I really like KState this year, but it wouldn't be a huge shock to see them fall to Texas. I just hope at least two of them finish undefeated because it would be a complete sham for Georgia or Florida to get a shot.

If Oregon goes to the national title game, which Pac-12 team will do enough to play its way into the Rose Bowl, if any? The Rose Bowl wants a Big Ten-Pac-12 matchup, but for the Pac-12 to get a second BCS bowl team -- and an at-large selection to the Rose Bowl in this scenario -- it must push a team into the top 14 of the final BCS rankings. It appears we have four candidates, but none is a sure thing by any stretch: Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA and USC. Oregon State will play Stanford this weekend. UCLA will face both Stanford and USC this month, having already lost to Oregon State. USC, which already has lost to Stanford, and Oregon State would only meet in the Pac-12 title game. It will be interesting to see whether a team makes a charge and rises in the rankings, or whether this becomes a muddle and no one qualifies.

This is how its decided for the Rose Bowl if Oregon makes it to a NCG. We of course won't know how things land until the end of the season. Who we face, if no Pac 12 team is top 14, besides Oregon, is beyond all of us. Personally, I could care less who we play, whether it be LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Kansas State or Notre Dame, as long as we make it, I am happy. A win, would just be an extra plus, and is a want of course.