Could we see a two loss LSU in the rose bowl if we win out?

Oregon jumps KSU if they win out. Oregon is already #2 in the human polls, and they have ranked teams left to play, Stanford and Oregon State, but top 15. KSU has only Texas #23. Also, since the change to the formula in like 2006, the top 2 in the human polls have played every time. Bama vs Oregon is your title game baring any upsets.

I hope you're right, cause I'd hate for the Huskers (barring any losses) to face a ticked off Ducks squad.

No way do we play LSU. If K-State wins out, they will probably get punished for being K-State (kinda like Okie Light did last year IMHO) and not play for title, even though they whole heartily deserve so by playing in a tougher conference top to bottom.

If Oregon plays in the national title game, The Rose Bowl does not have to take a Pac-12 team, even if they are in the top 14. They are allowed to, but they are also allowed to take an automatic qualifier or at-large team.

Yes, Rose Bowl officials are going to say that they want a Pac-12 team because they don't want the traditionalist backlash. But if they have the chance to take 12-0 #3 Notre Dame or 10-2 #13 Oregon State, my bet is on the Irish. It would be too much of a publicity and TV ratings boost to pass up.

If Notre Dame is available, the Rose Bowl will grab them....

I really don't think they will since they took TCU in '10. Only way I see it is if a match-up between UCLA and Nebraska is probable...........don't think UCLA fans or Nebraska fans want to see each other again even though I think we'd beat them.

I really don't think they will since they took TCU in '10.

What's the rule here? Is it that they can't select a non-Pac 12 team?

If they can select Notre Dame, and Nebraska makes it. I'd find it hard to believe they would pass up on all the buzz, and money, that match-up would create. As opposed to Nebraska vs. Oregon State, for instance.

If they can select Notre Dame, and Nebraska makes it. I'd find it hard to believe they would pass up on all the buzz, and money, that match-up would create. As opposed to Nebraska vs. Oregon State, for instance.

I think they can choose an at-large team every 4 years? So that would mean they can't choose again until 2014 right?

I think they can choose an at-large team every 4 years? So that would mean they can't choose again until 2014 right?

No, they can choose any at-large they want. The only teams that aren't considered at-large are Conference Champions, which would be Oregon. Oregon State, UCLA, or Notre Dame are ARE ALL at-large. The way I understand it they are required to take non B1G or Pac12 teams, if conference champions aren't available, once every 4 yrs.

No, they can choose any at-large they want. The only teams that aren't considered at-large are Conference Champions, which would be Oregon. Oregon State, UCLA, or Notre Dame are ARE ALL at-large. The way I understand it they are required to take non B1G or Pac12 teams, if conference champions aren't available, once every 4 yrs.

Ah, okay that makes sense then..................so it'll either be Oregon State, UCLA, or Notre Dame in the Rose against the B1G representative unless Oregon were to lose. Got it............

What I read about the PAC 12's options if Oregon goes to the NCG are this: If they want to choose another PAC 12 team to take their place that team must have at least 9 wins and be ranked in the top 14 of the final BCS rankings. Oregon (9) wins, OSU(7) wins, Stanford (7) wins, USC (6) wins and UCLA(7) wins, are the only teams that currently qualify.

Stanford has 3 tough games left against ranked teams.

OSU has two tough games and two easy games left.

USC has two games vs ranked teams and one easy game left.

UCLA has games vs two ranked teams and one easy game left.

Oregon should win out.

If Oregon gets aced out of the NCG they will go to the Rose. OSU could have the easiest road with two more wins which would qualify them and three more would probably put them in the top 14. The fourth win would be vs Oregon (not impossible but unlikely). If USC wins out they might qualify. If they beat ND but loose to UCLA then that might open the door for ND in the Rose. If UCLA wins out they could slip into the #14 spot or higher.

Too many games yet to determine who the Rose Bowl opponents might be. We still need to take care of business as well. Not much rep to be gained playing any of the PAC 12 teams beside Oregon....possibly OSU if they are 10-2. We stand to gain the most by playing and beating ND.

Yea I will be keeping a close eye on the Wisconsin/Indiana game. I think we would be able to beat both of them. The confidence of the Huskers going to Indy would be high, plus they would want to play a cleaner game against them and not want to fall behind like last time. Plus Burkhead should be healed up by that time, so i am not that worried.

I hope Burkhead is back too..................a steady dose of Burkhead, Abdullah, Heard, and Cross....................forget it, game over.

Heard and cross? Who are they?