*Huskerboard Game Ball*

Then why not give it to the o-line and receivers who blocked and allowed him to run in a straight line untouched.

^^ This. Seems like we only remember the miscues and penalties--like Rodriguez jumping offsides, etc. But our O-line just roadgraded the hell out of a stout Sparty defense. Before Saturday MSU only allowed a total of 820 yds rushing in nine games. We gashed them for 313 yds. And we did it with Rex sitting on the bench.

As for Rodriguez, yeah he didn't play a perfect game. But he did a pretty amazing job working against William Gholston most of the day. Gholston is the kind of guy who can take over a game. He's a shoo-in to be a first day guy in the NFL draft, probably first or second rounder. Rodriguez got the better of him on Saturday.

This is why the O-line deserves a little bit of love. :thumbs:

/edit: Sparty. Not Spary. lol

• Fire 1

Then why not give it to the o-line and receivers who blocked and allowed him to run in a straight line untouched.

^^ This. Seems like we only remember the miscues and penalties--like Rodriguez jumping offsides, etc. But our O-line just roadgraded the hell out of a stout Spary defense.

Totally agree. Our O-line play has stepped up in great ways so far this year.

^^ This. Seems like we only remember the miscues and penalties--like Rodriguez jumping offsides, etc. But our O-line just roadgraded the hell out of a stout Spary defense.

On a related note, I've been noticing Choi on the sideline a lot. Did he even play in this game?

On a related note, I've been noticing Choi on the sideline a lot. Did he even play in this game?

Choi started the game. Not sure why he was on the sidelines. I didn't notice.

We rotate a lot of lineman. I think we consistently use 8 or 9 linemen to stay fresh and be able to run the hurry up offense.

We rotate a lot of lineman. I think we consistently use 8 or 9 linemen to stay fresh and be able to run the hurry up offense.

Choi has been playing less the last two or three games. Not sure if that is more confidence in Pensick or less confidence in Choi. Hopefully the former because fresh legs and more depth are a great thing.

Its called an opinion. Martinez really? 3 INT's and almost a costly fumble, card could be played the same way.

I can't give the game ball to Martinez, 3 INTs is just unacceptable. He ran great, he made the big plays when he needed to at the end. But he didn't play a perfect game.

You can't give a guy that threw 3 picks the game ball. If it wasn't for a penalty one of those picks sealed the loss.

So let's recap. Martinez is the co-Offensive Player of the Week in the Conference, a finalist for the Player of the Week for the entire nation, but some are insisting that he couldn't possibly be the MVP for our team. Interesting.

Its called an opinion. Martinez really? 3 INT's and almost a costly fumble, card could be played the same way.

I can't give the game ball to Martinez, 3 INTs is just unacceptable. He ran great, he made the big plays when he needed to at the end. But he didn't play a perfect game.

You can't give a guy that threw 3 picks the game ball. If it wasn't for a penalty one of those picks sealed the loss.

So let's recap. Martinez is the co-Offensive Player of the Week in the Conference, a finalist for the Player of the Week for the entire nation, but some are insisting that he couldn't possibly be the MVP for our team. Interesting.

And to some talking heads, he isn't as good as Braxton or Robinson? :confucius

Crazy talk. :hmmph

I'm not sure why you can't understand it. He was 44% passing with 3 picks. Sure he had lots of yards. But who was blocking for him? I would give the offensive line the credit for this game. 2 100 yd rushers in a game. The highest average per run given up my Sparty since 2002. The most rushing yds given up by Sparty since 2005. It's a team game. Why do we have to single out one player when that one player couldn't have done anything without those big guys busting their ass every play to give him running room?