Referee review?

TaraTony

Does anyone know the process for referee review or assessment in the Big 10 Conference? Just curious as to how they are graded by the conference, and who is involved with the assessment? Is it per game? Do the coaches assess? Are there penalties involved with poor performances or blown calls? I understand that we are dealing with human beings here, just wondering about how their product is graded, and in some cases, asked to leave or receive instruction on how to call a game. Thanks!

i have a buddy who is a big 12 official......from what i understand and i probably dont remember it all...in the big 12 atleast, they are graded each week after there has been a thorough review of the game. the game is watched from a bunch of different angles with replay and graded..for missed calls and bad calls. at the end of the year, the best grades are handed out and those are the guys/crews who get bowl assignments...they dont make much during the year, but do make some good money in the bowls..the really good scored get the big bowls. incidentally he did a national championship game and was involved in another "big" game nebraska played in...

i have a buddy who is a big 12 official......from what i understand and i probably dont remember it all...in the big 12 atleast, they are graded each week after there has been a thorough review of the game. the game is watched from a bunch of different angles with replay and graded..for missed calls and bad calls. at the end of the year, the best grades are handed out and those are the guys/crews who get bowl assignments...they dont make much during the year, but do make some good money in the bowls..the really good scored get the big bowls. incidentally he did a national championship game and was involved in another "big" game nebraska played in...

This is pretty much dead on. The review session is pretty harsh actually. My heart uncle used to be a Big 8 reef and later a supervisor for the Big XII. He said he was very harsh on officials, and really disliked perennial Husker hater Cooper Castleberry..

There were certainly bad calls for both sides in yesterdays game. I would hope that both coaches send in replays to the B1G about these issues. Has there been complaints about this crew before?

I'm sure there have been. We've had them quite a few times the past two years, and I've never been impressed with them. I think this was probably their second game this year for us.

There were certainly bad calls for both sides in yesterdays game. I would hope that both coaches send in replays to the B1G about these issues. Has there been complaints about this crew before?

I'm sure there have been. We've had them quite a few times the past two years, and I've never been impressed with them. I think this was probably their second game this year for us.

I guess I don't pay enough attention to who officiates our games. I hope we don't get them anymore this season.

I guess I don't pay enough attention to who officiates our games. I hope we don't get them anymore this season.

I just recognized the head officials. This crew is pretty ticky tacky on their calls, I maybe wrong but I feel like they have quite a few PF calls on their record. Either way I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't one of the more noticeable crews in any game.

I think Bo was right when he said they haven't seen much of our and MSU's aggressive coverage, this crew especially. The previous two weeks we got to play pretty fast and loose and this week it was like we couldn't touch guys, or maybe we got a little too cocky.

the blog frank the tank had an interesting post just after we joined the big 10. it was along the lines that if bo pelini thought the

officiating was bad in the big 12 he will commit cold blooded murder in ann arbor.

i am starting to understand this statement more every week.