Dead Forum Today

It's interesting - we've had spirited, busy threads here throughout this election process, but today, Election Day, this forum is dead - something like two or four posts is all. We've had days where there were 100 posts in the AM alone.

It's intriguing that, after all the talk, all the campaigning, all the money (one estimate I read was that over $4 Billion had been spent on this election), nobody is in here talking up either candidate because, honestly, nobody knows who's going to win.

I'll bet this forum explodes again tomorrow. But for now, everyone is holding their breath.

I hope everyone votes. Whether, like me, you're in a state where your vote likely won't count due to the Electoral College, or whether you're just apathetic toward the process, I encourage you to go out and have your voice heard. IF NOTHING ELSE, voting today will show the politicians that they have a bunch of people they need to convince. The fewer people that vote, the fewer minds have to be changed, opinions swayed, votes gained. A larger electorate breeds more disclosure from the candidates. This is a good thing.

Besides, I've heard that people who wear these get lucky that evening:

Printelect---I-Voted-Today.gif

I don't think that it's quiet because no one knows who will win . . . I think that it's quiet because most people expect a specific outcome.

Unless the polls are systematically biased in favor of Obama we know who will be our next president. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

I don't think that it's quiet because no one knows who will win . . . I think that it's quiet because most people expect a specific outcome.

Unless the polls are systematically biased in favor of Obama we know who will be our next president. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

You think Romney will win? Just curious... I know you want Obama, but you sound as if you're sure the other way.

You think Romney will win? Just curious... I know you want Obama, but you sound as if you're sure the other way.

No. I don't think that Romney will win.

We'll see. Crazier things have happened.

He's saying that most of the polls are showing Obama in the lead, especially in the states with critical electoral votes, and the only way Romney wins is if these polls are all wrong. This is possible - this election will be as much a referendum on the methodology of polling as on the issues which face this country.

I think a lot of it has to do with being sick and tired of the whole process and also a bit of "the calm before the storm". I am so looking forward to not being bombarded with TV commercials and phone calls and polls. We simply have to do something about reigning in this ridiculus process. The amount of money that is being spent on elections should make us puke. I wish they could all lose but, unfortunately, once again the American people will be the only losers. We deserve better options. Well, maybe not deserve but I sure would like to see better options.