Video of MSU players being mean doodoo heads

Landlord

Except we have a player, not players doing "that kind of stuff" and he has no history of intentionally targeting people.

You must hate Bo.. Should read up on some of his "personal" life...A middle finger is a middle finger, right? He must be a thug.

Does Bo flip fans off or the opposing team off? Your speaking you know me and trying to judge me, because I think we were no classier than they were, because of ONE of OUR players actions, then so be it. Stafford's actions are uncalled for, just like the way MSU played. You can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you, besides have fun in your bias world.

Knapp also brings up a good point - although I feel you'll say "you aren't representing Nebraska football," it doesn't particularly matter. You can't pick and choose when things are "thuggery" and when they are not. Hell, I'm sure a majority of people have given someone the finger or told them to p*ss off, or screw you or some variation of that.

NOT on the field, on national television.

Have you ever flipped anyone off?

Well... it is clear that Stafford should not have done that... and it is equally clear that such a move does not reflect well on NU. I'd also agree that Bo should do (and likely will do) something to teach Stafford that such moves are not responsible or mature.

No one here, as far as I can tell, seems to have advocated what Stafford did. What I sense is that some posters are simply saying that we had a single player out of line and that MSU had multiple players out of line with infractions that were more egregious. Their point is well taken... in fact, both points are well taken... Stafford was wrong AND MSU was more wrong still (because their flagrant unsportsmanlike behavior was spread over multiple players with multiple and, arguably worse action... some with the potential of injury associated with them).

Your missing my point, obviously.

sd'sker, maybe saying Stafford was a thug was the wrong word to use, but like I said, his actions on the field was uncalled for.

i agree they were uncalled for and demonstrated a lack of impulse control. bo should probably address in whatever way he sees fit, but i think an incident like this does not merit rushing to judgment on the kid's character.

I think that we missed each others point, honestly. My point is that based on him flipping someone off and apparently grabbing his junk, he is a thug and you know "what kind of person Stafford is." I was just saying, that is a little irrational - and honestly, a little quick to judge based off a couple gestures in a heated game that had lots of indiscretions throughout. Dropping the "thug" bomb was way over the top - and regarding Pelini - he has done things on national tv that are probably worse than the middle finger - Texas A&M game, especially because he isn't a player, but the figure head of our football team. And, while being head coach, I know of a couple occasions that he has said some colorful remarks or has expressed his version of saying you're #1. Doesn't make him an awful person or make me embarrassed, because frankly, we all do it. We just aren't scrutinized (somewhat unfairly) and being held to higher standards than the average human. I'd be more shocked if Pelini hadn't cussed or flipped someone off in his last 5 years here - seeing as almost everyone has in a 5 year window.

MSU is dirty, but most of those plays were far from dirty. Gholston's leaning on people happens all the time in every game. Taylor's helmet to helmets happen too (we've done it a few times ourselves) and the worst was flagged. The hits on Tim were clean (his shoulder popped out twice). The shove of Stafford wasn't dirty, it was before the whistle and about when Maxwell stepped out. If you really wanted to look at bad sportsmanship find clips of 70 on their offense he was generally a prick all game. Or them lighting up Ameer without the ball and on INTs, like what they did to KB. Targeting star players is just about as low as it gets.

Honestly I think this video is terrible, unless you are somehow trying to be sarcastic. Editing is fine but your message is lost on me.

• Fire 3

Your missing my point, obviously.

sd'sker, maybe saying Stafford was a thug was the wrong word to use, but like I said, his actions on the field were uncalled for.

You are really hard to read and are always bitching. Do you like anyone on the team, or are any of them good enough for you? Go back to the 90's NICKi

To be honest, with Stafford's actions, we were no classier than they were. Him grabbing his junk at the crowd is completely disrespectful and an embarrassment.

When did he actually do this?

Still haven't seen any proof but on some MSU board a guy was whining about it. Said the comish should look into it or something stupid like that.