Are we having fun yet?

I can't remember another season as entertaining as this one. I mean, the reason why we watch and love sports is because of drama and competition. Of course I miss the dominant days of yore, and blowing out all of our opponents was fun, and those times are what built the tradition and pride in the program that most Nebraska fans and alums have now.

But these games, as sloppy and imperfect as they often are, cannot be matched for excitement and the thrills that are provided on a weekly basis. The 90s were great times, and there was a lot of value and satisfaction in stomping another team and letting the local walk-ons get some playing time. It would be nice to get back to that level. But in those days, we were rarely glued to the TV )or the bleachers) for all 4 quarters waiting for the final moments for either the thrill of victory or agony of defeat (and when it did get that far, it usually didn't end well, except for that glorious night in Miami). This season, we have that anticipation and drama, and it has actually been ending in our favor most weeks.

I think this season is awesome.

There is a reason that the '95 Huskers are the greatest team ever. Nobody else has been able to duplicate what they did by dominating ever opponent they faced.

As long as this team keeps finding ways to win, I will be happy.

Never been so smug at halftime down 14, but I turned to my friend and asked if we should give Penn State another touchdown before we comeback or if 14 is good enough.

I remember watching Friday Night Lights (the tv show) and thinking how unrealistic it was that they won in some crazy comeback week after week after week.

I'm not sure if the Huskers are making FNL look more realistic, or if FNL is making the Huskers look more like a tv show....

Hell yes, I'm having fun! It doesn't get any better than screaming with Joy and jumping around with your S.O. high fiving after an improbable crossing pass deep into the end zone to stun MSU! We led for exactly six seconds that game and they seemed like six hours the tension was beyond belief :). There are teams that win more and enjoy it less, believe me.

These kids have heart and guts like few teams I've ever watched. The sea of red is becoming more iconic than ever. This is good stuff. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and I think the Huskers are primed for good things over at least the next several years.