Glad Huskers are in B1G

OS82

Ohio State grad here. Gotta say I love the addition of your school to the B1G. It's great to watch a quality team with a rich tradition join our conference. Never liked the addition of PSU to the conference, just never seemed like a good fit to me and still doesn't and I'm glad you beat 'em.

I'd love OK to join too just so your classic rivalry could be reborn.

Now go run the table and represent!

Thanks. I have to say I am enjoying the B1G competition in our 2 years in the league. Physical & hard nosed teams. The fans show a lot of pride in their schools. I enjoy the traditions of college football.

I am hoping that the B1G brand of basketball will help get our bball program going too. It will take some time but it will come around!

Thanks. I have to say I am enjoying the B1G competition in our 2 years in the league. Physical & hard nosed teams. The fans show a lot of pride in their schools. I enjoy the traditions of college football.

I am hoping that the B1G brand of basketball will help get our bball program going too. It will take some time but it will come around!

If you guys help up with baseball, we'll help you with basketball. Deal?

• Fire 1

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

You mean Vince Young, right? So, not that big of a fail, considering they won the NC that year. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.

So far, I've enjoyed it.... I really like the evenness of the league. Some will say that is a sign of its mediocrity, but I don't see it like that at all. I feel like there is cohesion in this conference. It doesn't feel like a couple powers and a bunch of little sisters like the Big 8/12 did. I feel like there's a bit more unity between the fanbases. I feel like every school has "been there, done that". I guess I feel like football does the talking in this league for the most part. I feel like now that we are towards the end of year two that we're starting to find out niche a little bit.

I thought I'd miss the Big 8 teams.... I think the only one I really miss is Oklahoma, as it turns out. Who really enjoyed going to Ames, Iowa and Lubbock, Texas?

If you guys help up with baseball, we'll help you with basketball. Deal?

We're trying...we're trying. We just have been the same since Van Horn.

Ohio State grad here. Gotta say I love the addition of your school to the B1G. It's great to watch a quality team with a rich tradition join our conference. Never liked the addition of PSU to the conference, just never seemed like a good fit to me and still doesn't and I'm glad you beat 'em.

I'd love OK to join too just so your classic rivalry could be reborn.

Now go run the table and represent!

Thanks! I'm hard pressed to find anyone who regrets the move. The only thing about the B1G I don't really get yet is the obsession with the marching bands.

I understand it and hope we can get our band to follow suit.

I agree with this.

I will admit that I can't stand the band. Until yesterday, I have never seen a half time show. (smoke break time) I had seen enough high school half time shows and that was enough. It was not any better than their "Pre Game Spectacular". Pre game band is the same every week of every year. Lame.