Nebraska Opens Up 18.5 Point Favorite

Who ya got?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True freshman QB, and he is a statue. I will take Nebraska, I think we win by 3 touchdowns.

Hi guys, Gopher fan here. Wish I was heading to Lincoln this Saturday but I spent too much money going to Iowa and Madison earlier this year. I'll definitely make the trip in a couple years, Lincoln has always been a top destination for me. You guys have a great team this year and I LOVE that you're part of our league, it's a perfect fit.

So about the game. I give my squad very little chance and I think the spread is about right. We are a program heading in the right direction but let's face it, we're not ready for this type game on this type of stage. But the comment I quoted above makes no sense. Philip Nelson is the opposite of a statue, he's extremely mobile so Im curious as to how you came to that opinion. Anyway, good luck this weekend not that you'll need it. :)

Welcome to the board and after the game please stick around and give us your outside perspective on things. We tend to wear the scarlet colored glasses and lose perspective sometimes. We historically haven't done well against mobile QB's so he might have a big day. Just depends on what defense shows up for us or when they decide to adjust. We aren't very good against the run, but as far as the pass goes we play that pretty well. Don't give up on your team, anything is possible and that's why we play the game.

Thanks. I really wish I was heading to Lincoln for the game especially after hearing how welcoming Husker fans are to visiting fans. I read a post from a Northwestern fan after he went to Lincoln last year and he was blown away at how well he and his group were treated, even after the game when Husker fans had reason to be upset he said people would walk up and congratulate him on the game.

If our offensive line wasn't a MASH unit I would actually give us a slight chance but we literally dont have an upperclassman playing that position right now. I hate excuses but even Jerry Kill has said that in his 31 years of coaching he's never seen one side of the ball get hit with injuries like this.

After the last 4 weeks and what this team has the ability to accomplish, I would be very surprised if they come out flat this weekend. To get beat by either Minnesota or Iowa, they would need to be completely flat and uninspired. I don't see that happening.

IF they come out with a mission and focused, I see them winning both of these last two games by more than 20 points.

I'll take Nebraska against this spread.

I know what you are saying BigRedIowan ... however, I've seen quite a few bad Mizzou teams play the Huskers well over the past 30 years ... especially when we have had much more in talent. Mizzou always seemed to play us hard on their field and wanted to prove so much. With Iowa's season ... I see the same thing ... this is their game that redeems the whole year. On top of ... they will have a Husker team that rest assured ... will find a way to put the ball on the carpet, will find a way to give up an int ... will find a way to do all the things that raise the blood pressure of so many. Frankly, I'm not debating the point ... it's just my perception after watching another season, one of five, upon which when you think the Huskers of old might show up ... the Huskers of new show up. If I had seen a bit of discipline any part of this season ... if I had seen the mistakes that I'm told will be corrected be done ... I'd state it differently ... but to me it's just too perfect to see even the Iowa game be a barn burner full of all kinds of excitement. Who the hell knows what we will see come that day ... only heaven knows. It will be fun to watch ... and frustrating ... I believe. By the way, I'll be rooting for a blowout!

I think this weekend will determine how that game goes...............beat Michigan and it's gonna be interesting on some level, lose to Michigan and they're done. I've had two Hawkeye fans in the past two days offer to sell me their tickets and they're saying everyone else is doing the same. We have the opportunity to paint that stadium red and need to do it to basically embarass them in their own house. Their fans have lost all faith in this team and when that happens, the players are hearing it, feeling it, and just want the season to be over. Hell, Ferentz won't even put their back-up in to prepare for next season because he's loyal to a fault with his players. Vandenburg might possibly be the WORST QB in the B1G. I agree we'll probably put the ball on the carpet a few times as we've done it all season, but we would literally have to have another Iowa State turnover margin game for them to be in this game on any level. Even then, they probably couldn't translate those turnovers into points with their offense. Our secondary will not be challenged deep, their offensive coordinator has zero faith in their offense and doesn't seem to throw the ball over 10 yards in the past few games.

I had an Iowa State fan give me a great idea for a T - shirt. Lots of iowa fans have hawkeye shirts that say kinnick on the front. Well make the shirt red and white and make the N in the middle the nebraska N and that will p*** off more hawkeye fans then anything. Just an idea.

I had an Iowa State fan give me a great idea for a T - shirt. Lots of iowa fans have hawkeye shirts that say kinnick on the front. Well make the shirt red and white and make the N in the middle the nebraska N and that will p*** off more hawkeye fans then anything. Just an idea.

that sounds confusing.

that sounds confusing.

Kin_Nick.jpg

• Fire 1

True freshman QB, and he is a statue. I will take Nebraska, I think we win by 3 touchdowns.

:/

I'm a Gophers fan, but I predicted Nebraska by 17 at www.gopherhole.com, so I'm not a homer. But I'm puzzled by this. Our true freshman QB isn't a statue - where did you get that idea? Nelson ran for 1200 yards and 20 TDs last year in high school, and he's run for 165 yards in four games as our starter.

313f2debc407fc21d061ece3a7a6798d10f3b2be_full.jpg

This picture has me a little freaked out. I think this game will be closer than 18.5. Stare at it for a while and you'll see what I mean.

that sounds confusing.

Kin_Nick.jpg

yeah, that does look pretty good.