Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

Don't get too used to it.

ann arbor will be back to their Pro Style Set by 2014.

the only reason why they run that stuff now is that dick rod ruined their recruiting for a few years.

While Gardner scares the crap out of me, I will be happy when you guys run a pro style offense with a less than mobile QB. Pelini has had field days against those teams. It's the spread with dual threats and quick pass air raid offenses that typically trip us up.

Since we've had exceptional success against statue quarterbacks in the Pelini era, this would actually be welcomed. In fact, we haven't lost a single B1G conference game where the opponent solely played a statue QB.

Even as a husker fan, it is clear that there was still time on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds.

If we can trust that the video is perfectly in sync. And if Beebe was in control . . . .

I hope your joking, Texas won the game pretty fairly. We shot ourselves in the foot just enough to bleed out.

They sync up video with the time stamp on it so everything was kosher. We lost on a technicality that has never been called before or since, that's the biggest travesty.

the only reason why they run that stuff now is that dick rod ruined their recruiting for a few years.

While Gardner scares the crap out of me, I will be happy when you guys run a pro style offense with a less than mobile QB. Pelini has had field days against those teams. It's the spread with dual threats and quick pass air raid offenses that typically trip us up.

Well I wouldn't count on OSU using pro style consistently. We've always had a better mix. Troy Smith, Craig Krenzel, Braxton Miller, Stanley Jackson,etc were all mobile and then Todd Boeckman, terrible Joe Bauserman, Justin Zwick,Joe Germaine, etc

Those up north have been strictly Pro Style for quite some time . Tom Brady, Elvis Grbac, Chad Henne,John Navarre, etc.

Well I wouldn't count on OSU using pro style consistently. We've always had a better mix. Troy Smith, Craig Krenzel, Braxton Miller, Stanley Jackson,etc were all mobile and then Todd Boeckman, terrible Joe Bauserman, Justin Zwick,Joe Germaine, etc

Those up north have been strictly Pro Style for quite some time . Tom Brady, Elvis Grbac, Chad Henne,John Navarre, etc.

I miss spoke, I meant Michigan not "you guys" as in OSU. I am not excited to have to contend with the Buckeyes at all, I just hope Pelini can pull out his SEC play book and start spanking Urban.

Since we've had exceptional success against statue quarterbacks in the Pelini era, this would actually be welcomed. In fact, we haven't lost a single B1G conference game where the opponent solely played a statue QB.

None of those teams can recruit like their REAL HC, Greg Mattison.

They might end up with a 5 star QB and 5 star Tailback for 2013 recruiting.

Pre 2008 they were always a handful.

Haha...Woody, no. I should have inserted one these happy little fellows to my "interpreter" post: :)

I didn't understand who the reference is to regarding a "real head coach" or who Greg Mattison is. Or really even who "they" are.

We're generally Big 10 n00bs around here.

Brady Hoke, AKA Fred Flintstone, AKA Chris Christie, AKA Jackie Gleason is not the real head coach.

Greg Mattison (the Defensive Coordinator) is the real mind behind the team. He is the main recruiter too.

That is my conspiracy theory. And it makes sense since Hoke doesn't even wear a headset on the sideline.

Here is what I like:

1. No Texass (osu maybe be the closest to a texas in the big 10 - they seem to have some of that entitlment attitude)

2. big stadiums

3 Traditions and trophy games

4. fairness - and respect

5. 3 of the top 5 winningest programs Michigan # 1 wt 901, Nebr # 4 wt 851, OSU # 5 wt 834. I'd love to add N Dame to the list as they are # 3 (I won't mention the cheaters at #2)

6. More consistent competion. Nowever, next year we get the schools of the basketball world- Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana

7. Beating PSU 2x and the other big brothers - OSU, MI, Wisc, MSU once each

8. Our style seems to fit the Big 10.

9. No more Bob stoops to listen too - except I live in Tulsa so I can't get away from it.

10. Big 10 network. The Husker Club in Tulsa always has a way of viewing the games

11 Nebr playing in the Rose Bowl this year - mark it down

12 Nebr playing for the national championship next year wt our easier schedule

Things I don't like

1. Officials - some bad calls. I don't think they know an offensive holding call if it happened 2 feet in front of them.

2. OSU's coach Meyer - got a feeling he is going to suck the air out of the room every time he is close to a TV or radio guy

3. The lack of respect the conf has had the past few years. The conf hasn't faired as well in bowl games and have been out of the National title picture for a while

4. PSU/OSU scandels taints the conf

• Fire 1

I dont remember the Big 12 having this many game-changing bad calls. That's the thing this year. These arent just a missed holding call with 6 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. What we're seeing are bad calls that are changing momentum and the entire course and strategy of game, at any time during the game. How many times did momentum swing, resulting in a change in strategy and approach during the Michigan St game becuase of a questionable call? And it was against both sides too.

Our experience in 2010 when there was an obvious agenda (I know, I'm a nutcase, but the writing was on the wall) overshadows the fact that Big 12 officiating, to me anyway, wasnt nearly as determining as it is in this Big 10.

And as far as game changing -- 0:01.

Even as a husker fan, it is clear that there was still time on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds.

Sorry, but no, there wasn't.

And even if your incorrect statement were true, it means that the officials, who let time tick off the whole game after incomplete passes without asking the clock operator to fix it, went against what they were consistently doing all game long just for this one play or instance.

One of the Husker fans at the time this happened went back and found something like :59(?) that had ticked off all game after incomplete passes. If they were going to add the :01 back, then they should have added the other :59 back as well.

You mean the number 2 passing defense that only allows a 46% completion rating? Or the defense that is tied with KSU for 27 sacks on the year, more than any other Big XII team past or present except aTm, who only has 3 more? I'm sorry I guess I wasn't aware the Big XII became the B1G, 3 yards and cloud of dust. And I guess an offense that has kept us in every game but one (scoring 38 points in the lose) doesn't count for much.

Like accountability said, we are going through 2 years of adjustment. Had we stayed put we would have had game plans for every team, but West Va and TCU. Don't forget the two teams we lost to this year were essentially new opponents. That's the biggest knock on the squad is that they struggle when they face new opponents.

That would be great if our defense played against their defense. Take the entire Big 12 this year, how many do you think we would beat?

All that aside, the point is this. We all wouldn't be a very happy bunch if we were in the Big XII this year.

Sorry, but no, there wasn't.

And even if your incorrect statement were true, it means that the officials, who let time tick off the whole game after incomplete passes without asking the clock operator to fix it, went against what they were consistently doing all game long just for this one play or instance.

One of the Husker fans at the time this happened went back and found something like :59(?) that had ticked off all game after incomplete passes. If they were going to add the :01 back, then they should have added the other :59 back as well.

But that isn't how football works. Like I say every time. REMOVE YOUR f'ing BIAS! Put us in the situation. Every god damn single person in husker nation would say that there was clearly at least a second left on the clock when the ball hit the ground.

The last two minutes of a football game are different than the rest of the game. We can blame the officials all you want on that game, it doesn't change the fact that it's our fault they were even in field goal range.