Derek Dooley........... Buh Bye!

Just curious but I wonder how much of Dooley's failures as a coach has something to do with what Kiffin did during his short 1-year tenure as HC.

Dooley indeed was put in a difficult spot by Kiffin, and it really gets looked over. Plus he has brutal schedules the last two years, but you're coaching to win and he did not. Especially with the talent he had.

You know, i kept wondering when Dooley was either gonna get fired or turn things around at Tennessee. Quick question, did Dooley ever make any staff changes during his 3 years there? I mean they had the talent and good recruits coming in, but they just didn't work out. That's a sign of them not being coached up. But i mean when you have a significant losing record in conference play, your not getting the job done.

People keep saying Chizik is out at Auburn, i think that would be a mistake for them. Yea he may have been lucky pulling in Cam Newton, but the guy seems like a good coach. I would give him one more year to turn things around and if not, show him the door. I can't see Chip Kelly going to SEC country either, he has made it a point he will not take an NFL gig, what makes you think he leave for the SEC?

But there are 3 or 4 potential head coach jobs in the SEC, and position coaches, coordinators and other head coaches will be salivating for an opportunity to coach in the SEC.