*****Official Iowa Discussion Thread*****

First Quarter Impressions

• That was the best opening drive our offensive line has produced in a while. It's too bad that we only got 3 points out of it, but as far as physicality goes it was a very promising sign.
  • Give them some bowl game practices, spring ball, and fall camp...Abdullah and Heard are going to be a very VERY scary backfield next year.
  • I know he is only a freshman, but it really looks like Janovich could join the line of the all time great fullbacks at Nebraska. When he rages off the ball to make a crack block he is a bad, bad man.
  • We know Bo's defense is lethal against the pass, but this offseason we really have to improve our run defense. It can't just become a point of emphasis. It must become something that opposing offenses fear when they face our defense.

Things I would like to see in the 2nd Quarter:

1. With this wind, passing will be difficult. Abdullah and Heard are running well, but there will be times in the game where we just need to punch them in the mouth. Calling Imani Cross!
  2. Again the wind is a major factor in this game, so the deep ball would not be wise. I would love to see some 5 yard crossing routes to our Tight Ends or Jamal Turner

• Fire 1