On To Indy and Wisconsin Part 2

Branno

Our Huskers overcame the weather, and a tougher Iowa team than was expected to clinch a trip to Indy.

We have a very healthy Rex back, a defense that can shut a team down, and a running game that can get yards when it has to.

I feel good about our chances next week. Let go Big Red

Do we know for sure if the roof will be closed? For an 8:17 PM game on Dec. 1st I would hope so.

I don't see the point in having the game at Indy if they aren't going to close the dome. I'm pretty sure it was closed last year.

Concur--and closed dome helps NU which is definitely in B1G's interest (11-2 NU or qa 4 or 5 loss B1G representative).

Personally I think we should play a lot of diamond formation when we are on offense. Throw some passes to the flat. Wheel routes. Boots, Reverse. Wisconsin is vulnerable on the edges. Toss sweeps. Play action deep. Take note of the PSU game to see how the their drag/crossing routes work. If they work do some of those. Need to start out fast and put Wisconsin behind so they want to throw more if we can get them to do that.

Defensively I am not feeling that great. They have their line going pretty good and we lost Baker. They went back to their old blocking schemes so we will have to do things a little differently. Maybe slant our line sometimes. We need to play our bigger corners. Bigger DT's. Put a safety over the top on Abberdarius. Do some blitzing on 3rd & longs.

Personally I think we should play a lot of diamond formation when we are on offense. Throw some passes to the flat. Wheel routes. Boots, Reverse. Wisconsin is vulnerable on the edges. Toss sweeps. Play action deep. Take note of the PSU game to see how the their long crossing routes work. If they work do some of those. Need to start out fast and put Wisconsin behind so they want to throw more if we can get them to do that.

Defensively I am not feeling that great. They have their line going pretty good and we lost Baker. They went back to their old blocking schemes so we will have to do things a little differently. Maybe slant our line sometimes. We need to play our bigger corners. Bigger DT's. Put a safety over the top on Abberdarius. Do some blitzing on 3rd & longs.

The "Bone" is only effective when ran a handful of times at most in the game. Anything more than that will make it severely ineffective. It's meant to catch teams off-guard and it more a momentum gainer. That said, we need to hit them on the perimeter with our speed. May need to start inside our though because they will be waiting for it.

Defensively we all know Wiscy is gonna try to run it down our throat and probably more so with Baker out. That said Wiscy will still do a lot of shifting and presnap motion, so discipline will be key. We also need to win 1st down. If we can put pressure on them by scoring, then their clock eating style will work against them.