If our goal was to lull Wisc into a false sense of security...

Maxconvert

then I'd say mission accomplished, at least offensively! Great game and great save by the Blackshirts and the up and coming new Dwight Freeney, Eric Martin. I'd like to blame much of the passing problems on the wind, but not sure why Martinez was such a tenative runner today after we saw him learning to make good decisions about when to take off out of the pocket during the middle of conference play.

For those at the game--was our O-line just getting beaten to the punch on running plays, or was it Iowa crowding the box because the windy conditions took away most of the passing game?

Anyway glad to have that Halloween frightfest of a win in the books. I think all of Huskerland has been permanently traumatized by the 2001 slaughter in Boulder the Fri after Thanksgiving, so any time these contests get tight people fear the worst. Our offense has improved in a lot of ways this season, but we still haven't made a lick of progress in how to not gift our opponents 2 to 3 turnovers per game, usually setting our opponents up with a very short field. If somehow we can master this lesson in the big 10 title game, then I'm predicting a NU blowout

Well, I'm not sure how secure we feel, as we are on our 3rd QB of the season. I'll feel better with a win in Happy Valley tomorrow, but am not optimistic as that will be the Lion's Bowl Game.

Congrats on getting to the Championship Game and see you in Indy.

then I'd say mission accomplished, at least offensively! Great game and great save by the Blackshirts and the up and coming new Dwight Freeney, Eric Martin. I'd like to blame much of the passing problems on the wind, but not sure why Martinez was such a tenative runner today after we saw him learning to make good decisions about when to take off out of the pocket during the middle of conference play.

For those at the game--was our O-line just getting beaten to the punch on running plays, or was it Iowa crowding the box because the windy conditions took away most of the passing game?

Anyway glad to have that Halloween frightfest of a win in the books. I think all of Huskerland has been permanently traumatized by the 2001 slaughter in Boulder the Fri after Thanksgiving, so any time these contests get tight people fear the worst. Our offense has improved in a lot of ways this season, but we still haven't made a lick of progress in how to not gift our opponents 2 to 3 turnovers per game, usually setting our opponents up with a very short field. If somehow we can master this lesson in the big 10 title game, then I'm predicting a NU blowout

I'm glad someone's confident. I'm pretty worried about the upcoming game

I'm glad someone's confident. I'm pretty worried about the upcoming game

Haha, I know how you feel man :) What the hell, season's almost over, let's go ahead and be confident...it's not like we're the ones that have to go out there and play! Seriously though with all due respect to our B1G friends, other than Ohio state our biggest opponent has been our own offensive miscues. If we can actually have a game with no turnovers, then combined with how our defense is playing now, we should win by 10-20 points.

Thought Martinez ran timid today as well. Also seemed hesitant to take off on some of the plays when it looked like he could go for yards.

Maybe the coaches told him to play that way ie don't lower your shoulder, get down, out of bounds etc......

Would like to see more designed QB runs. A designed draw or misdirection he is gone.

I hope that Beck will actually dial up misdirection and counters as I am sure Wisky will sell out to stop Martinez and again crash our line hard. This might help and we have seen very little of this IMO this year. Jail break screens as well.

Thought Martinez ran timid today as well. Also seemed hesitant to take off on some of the plays when it looked like he could go for yards.

Maybe the coaches told him to play that way ie don't lower your shoulder, get down, out of bounds etc......

Would like to see more designed QB runs. A designed draw or misdirection he is gone.

I hope that Beck will actually dial up misdirection and counters as I am sure Wisky will sell out to stop Martinez and again crash our line hard. This might help and we have seen very little of this IMO this year. Jail break screens as well.

I heard Pelini got on him about running when he didn't need, rather than keeping his eye down the field and waiting a little longer for someone to get open, rather than rushing out so soon and getting nowhere. From previous experiences with ankle injuries, the cold weather could have also been effecting that injury he had last year. You never know, but definitely wasn't his best performance.

As long as we dont start out like we did last time we played them we will be okay!!! We have more weapins now than when we played them last time. The only thing that worries me is losing jackson and Stein....

Meredith will replace Steinkuhler just fine, in fact it might be a step up. Having Jackson out worries me. He's done a great job this year.

As long as we dont start out like we did last time we played them we will be okay!!! We have more weapins now than when we played them last time. The only thing that worries me is losing jackson and Stein....

Meredith will replace Steinkuhler just fine, in fact it might be a step up. Having Jackson out worries me. He's done a great job this year.

I really think that Jackson is a bigger loss. Kaz and Co did a decent job of rotating guys on the DL so at least Rome, Randle, Williams etc have experience with pretty fair amount of snaps, Pelini on the other hand, not so much. Helping out with some line calls on the OL will be harder for Jackson to pick up. Hope they give him a crazy crash course.

Looks like Borland will play (hammy issues past 2 games) and Abracadabra will probably play as well (some type of head injury Sat IIRC).

Just need to put it on them when we can.