Iowa fan undeducated on TM

HANC

As I stood in Iowa City yesterday.....(which wasn't a bad experience like others had), EVERY TIME Taylor dropped back to throw, this dumba$$ iowa fan made smart remarks making fun of TM's passing ability.

Because I was frustrated with the way the game was going, and really was in no mood to start any crap, I didn't say a lot..... other than "you may want to check out the numbers compared to your guy".

Of course, it didn't matter what I said, the guy was determined to poke fun of TM.... In fact, saying that the illegal forward pass (pitch) was the best pass he had thrown all year.

As a coach, I really love to hear dumb, uneducated fans yell stuff from the stands, and as a fan sitting in Memorial Stadium and/or on the road, it is amusing to hear people try to yell stuff and really sound idiotic.

TM = 2483 yards passing

James Vandenberg = 2249 yards

Win TM

TM = 21 TD passing

James Vandenberg = 7 Td

Win TM

TM = 8 int

James Vandenberg = 8 int

Wash (TM TD-Int ratio win)

TM = 63% completion

James Vandenberg = 57%

Win TM

TM = 148 QB rating

James Vandenberg = 107 rating

Win TM

TM = 10 wins (2-0 vs iowa)

James Vandenberg= 4 wins (0-2 vs Neb)

Win TM

** These stats are leaving the rushing embarassing comparisons out, because the guy was just talking passing.

- I really love to hear UNEDUCATED people talk trash. Hey Iowa fan = SHUT UP !

Iowa fans don't listen to your wizard math, just use your eyes and you can easily tell JVB is way better than Martinez!

As I stood in Iowa City yesterday.....(which wasn't a bad experience like others had), EVERY TIME Taylor dropped back to throw, this dumba$$ iowa fan made smart remarks making fun of TM's passing ability.

Because I was frustrated with the way the game was going, and really was in no mood to start any crap, I didn't say a lot..... other than "you may want to check out the numbers compared to your guy".

Of course, it didn't matter what I said, the guy was determined to poke fun of TM.... In fact, saying that the illegal forward pass (pitch) was the best pass he had thrown all year.

As a coach, I really love to hear dumb, uneducated fans yell stuff from the stands, and as a fan sitting in Memorial Stadium and/or on the road, it is amusing to hear people try to yell stuff and really sound idiotic.

TM = 2483 yards passing

James Vandenberg = 2249 yards

Win TM

TM = 21 TD passing

James Vandenberg = 7 Td

Win TM

TM = 8 int

James Vandenberg = 8 int

Wash (TM TD-Int ratio win)

TM = 63% completion

James Vandenberg = 57%

Win TM

TM = 148 QB rating

James Vandenberg = 107 rating

Win TM

TM = 10 wins (2-0 vs iowa)

James Vandenberg= 4 wins (0-2 vs Neb)

Win TM

** These stats are leaving the rushing embarassing comparisons out, because the guy was just talking passing.

- I really love to hear UNEDUCATED people talk trash. Hey Iowa fan = SHUT UP !

Iowa fans don't listen to your wizard math, just use your eyes and you can easily tell JVB is way better than Martinez!

Yeah, these eyes.

crazy_eyes.jpg

Taylor is a top 5 QB for sure. Dumb Iowa fans

See this is what gets me about Nebraska fans. Why can't we just say Taylor's a good QB? Because saying he's a top 5 QB is ridiculous. We're always wearing our red glasses and not being unbiased.

Taylor is:

45th in the nation in completion %

57th in the nation in passing yds

tied for 31st in the nation in passing TDs

30th in the nation in quarterback rating

7th in the nation in rushing yds by a QB

He also has sole possession of lead for the entire country in fumbles for any position, which he's led the previous two seasons.

He's a good QB by Nebraska standards, because we've got little experience with QBs who's primary strength was throwing the ball. If you want to claim he's one of the top 5 dual-threat QBs in the country, then I could accept it. Because he'd be in the discussion with Miller, Klein, etc. who all trail Manziel by a long ways stats-wise in pretty much all categories.

For the time and effort and money it took for that guy to get his seat in the stadium, I wouldn't begrudge him his buffoonery. He can have that, we'll take the win and the trophy and the championship game next week...

...but you could have said, "Yeah, I see what you're saying...Your guy has almost as many catches by Huskers as our guy, and yours isn't even trying!"

Because we are fans. I guess i don't understand fans that constantly have to point our every single fault of our players.

See this is what gets me about Nebraska fans. Why can't we just say Taylor's a good QB? Because saying he's a top 5 QB is ridiculous. We're always wearing our red glasses and not being unbiased.

Taylor is:

He also has sole possession of lead for the entire country in fumbles for any position, which he's led the previous two seasons.

He's a good QB by Nebraska standards, because we've got little experience with QBs who's primary strength was throwing the ball. If you want to claim he's one of the top 5 dual-threat QBs in the country, then I could accept it. Because he'd be in the discussion with Miller, Klein, etc. who all trail Manziel by a long ways stats-wise in pretty much all categories.

As a fan of both teams (moved to Lincoln from Clive, Iowa a couple years ago), I've never seen anything like the meltdown on HawkeyeReport going on after this game. They've been obsessed with the game for a week and can't let it go, declaring it a moral victory where they beat themselves but proved our weakness, etc.

Kind of sad.

It wasn't too long ago that many of our own uneducated fans wanted the kid benched...

I remember that. We weren't expected to win the OSU game, yet scored 38 points and I remember a lot of big talkers with their careful analysis of why we needed to bench TM and let someone else lead- oh, and prepare to fire Pelini since he obviously couldn't grasp what was going on.

James Vandenberg is the same QB that Iowa fans, at one time, were calling James "Mandenberg." Hawkeye fans, not all, but a majority, are pretty ignorant and intolerable to be around when it comes to sports discussions. I can say this, because that's the state I was born and raised in. If they ever try to tell you that they could care less about Nebraska, they're lying to you, because they have a television show every Sunday night, "Sound Off," out of Des Moines, where they call in any chance they get to put their two cents worth on the University of Nebraska.

Iowa just has a really, really bad team. I don't know if Vandenburg is good or not although he did have one pretty solid year in the past. I guess he might be a more fundamentally sound passer than Taylor even now, but he clearly doesn't have the team around him Taylor does, and he isn't thriving in their offense the way Taylor is.

Taylor's improved, give him credit for that, but also give a lot of credit to how Beck is using him. Taylor has a good arm but isn't the kind of guy that makes every throw against every coverage; we know that and we see his funky motion. But we put a strong ground game on the field, turn him loose with the ball in his hands, and then let him throw, often deep, and he will a lot of the time get the ball into our playmakers' hands.

Still looser with ball security than you'd like, but the production, running and passing, that we are getting from Taylor is pretty outstanding. Props to the entire team on that.

No Beck is an idiot that can't even adjust his underwear and he ALWAYS goes away from what is working. We're lucky not to be at 5-7 right now. :sarcasm I totally agree though. TM made his effort to get better and it really shows.

Because we are fans. I guess i don't understand fans that constantly have to point our every single fault of our players.

Taylor is:

Sorry, I was being sarcastic when I said Taylor was a top 5 QB.

Taylor is a good QB for Nebraska standards, but a top 5 QB? No way in hell. Not even next year will he be a top 5 QB.