Iowa fan undeducated on TM

HANC

to be fair, nationally t-mart is not known as a great passer. also, how much do any of us know about the qb's or the players on other B1G teams? this attitude is a little myopic.

That is my point exactly.... the purpose of this whole thread........How many of us KNOW ABOUT the other team's qb numbers?......

If I didn't know much about his numbers, I sure wouldn't be yelling dumb sh!t things about him....especially if I wasn't sure if the QB on my team was better !!!

Once again, I wasn't stating TM is the best thing since sliced bread (I am a huge TM fan though), but just think it is really dumb to harp on a point that this guy obviously had NO clue what he was talking about.... 63% completion is pretty friggin good !!! 21 td to 8 int is not too shabby...

The people NATIONALLY need to look at the current TM instead of the fresh/soph TM numbers.

to be fair, nationally t-mart is not known as a great passer. also, how much do any of us know about the qb's or the players on other B1G teams? this attitude is a little myopic.

That is my point exactly.... the purpose of this whole thread........How many of us KNOW ABOUT the other team's qb numbers?......

If I didn't know much about his numbers, I sure wouldn't be yelling dumb sh!t things about him....especially if I wasn't sure if the QB on my team was better !!!

Once again, I wasn't stating TM is the best thing since sliced bread (I am a huge TM fan though), but just think it is really dumb to harp on a point that this guy obviously had NO clue what he was talking about.... 63% completion is pretty friggin good !!! 21 td to 8 int is not too shabby...

The people NATIONALLY need to look at the current TM instead of the fresh/soph TM numbers.

yeah, i understand. that makes sense about how not to talk about what you do not know, but sometimes you think you know when you do not.

again, though, what else does that fan have to make him enjoy watching iowa football other than the imaginary flaws of opposing players?

yeah, i understand. that makes sense about how not to talk about what you do not know, but sometimes you think you know when you do not.

again, though, what else does that fan have to make him enjoy watching iowa football other than the imaginary flaws of opposing players?

You are correct... and I should understand that about 'iowa' fan needing to look for reasons to enjoy watching that crap....just that living in Iowa and hating that team....along with this dumba$$ spouting his ignorance was enough to make my toes and fingers f'n cold...oh wait, that was the wind-chill in the teens...

You are correct... and I should understand that about 'iowa' fan needing to look for reasons to enjoy watching that crap....just that living in Iowa and hating that team....along with this dumba$$ spouting his ignorance was enough to make my toes and fingers f'n cold...oh wait, that was the wind-chill in the teens...

yeah, i agree though with your initial premise. if you are going to talk trash, then have some idea what you are talking about.

on a side note, was vandenberg not supposed to be pretty good this year? it seemed like he had a good year last year and this year he seemed terribly inept.

Iowa just has a really, really bad team. I don't know if Vandenburg is good or not although he did have one pretty solid year in the past. I guess he might be a more fundamentally sound passer than Taylor even now, but he clearly doesn't have the team around him Taylor does, and he isn't thriving in their offense the way Taylor is.

Taylor's improved, give him credit for that, but also give a lot of credit to how Beck is using him. Taylor has a good arm but isn't the kind of guy that makes every throw against every coverage; we know that and we see his funky motion. But we put a strong ground game on the field, turn him loose with the ball in his hands, and then let him throw, often deep, and he will a lot of the time get the ball into our playmakers' hands.

Still looser with ball security than you'd like, but the production, running and passing, that we are getting from Taylor is pretty outstanding. Props to the entire team on that.

Two Iowa fans started arguing at work after they lost to Purdue. One said, "You get the good with the bad with Taylor and he's bad A LOT!" I just shook my head......................another more educated Iowa fan said, "Are you nuts? He's probably the best QB in the B1G and I'd take him over the great Vandenburg *insert sarcasm here* any day of the week!" "At least with Martinez you know you're always gonna have a chance cause he can change the face of the ball game with one play!" Other Iowa fan shut-up............

Two Iowa fans started arguing at work after they lost to Purdue. One said, "You get the good with the bad with Taylor and he's bad A LOT!" I just shook my head......................another more educated Iowa fan said, "Are you nuts? He's probably the best QB in the B1G and I'd take him over the great Vandenburg *insert sarcasm here* any day of the week!" "At least with Martinez you know you're always gonna have a chance cause he can change the face of the ball game with one play!" Other Iowa fan shut-up............

We're they on work-release?