Nebraska walks Wisconsin

That is what I was getting at. You just never know. Not like in the old days, when you knew it was win, just by how many touch downs. I really do not like the Nebraska wins that way, but it makes all the other games better to watch. With only Michgan laying an egg yesterday, our SOS went up some I would think.

Just hope the injuries do not hurt us. It is going to be a very physical game, depth is a problem, but it may be for them as well. I am sure Penn State punished them yesterday, so we get an extra day of healing the bumps and bruises.

We will not walk them. It will be a great game. The key is not stopping Ball because that's a very large order, its slowing him down and keeping him from getting momentum. Do that we win. Bonehead plays and let Ball have a highlight reel day, we are Capitol One bound.

Does anyone know the status of Abederus (sp) ? #4 has kind of been a Husker thorn in the side. Hope he isn't hurt, but wouldn't mind seeing him in street clothes next Sat.

From ESPNs Big Ten Blog

In Sunday's coaches' teleconference with the media, Badgers coach Bret Bielema sounded hopeful that wide receiver Jared Abbrederis and linebacker Chris Borland should be ready to go for the Nebraska game. Abbrederis, who is by far the team's best receiver, suffered a head injury late in the loss to Penn State. Abbrederis also had a concussion earlier this year that caused him to miss a game.

"He felt good coming off the plane, coming off the bus," Bielema said. "If it is in Abby's hands, he will be ready to practice by Tuesday."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/66262/injury-updates-for-b1g-title-game

I hope you're right. I really thought they had improved quite a bit from the first time we played them. Didn't get to see a lot of the game today but maybe I feel a little better now.

How can they be better when their 3rd string qb is starting games for the last couple of weeks?

Mainly because Ball was rolling. Only had 100+ yds in two of the first five games - through the game against us - and those were against No. Iowa and Utah St. Only held under 100 once in the seven games since then - by Michigan St., the #7 defense in the country - and had 190+ in three of those.

First+thing+to+make+me+burst+out+laughing+today+_5ab6d141e1d30773776fd1c33f3bfdf2.gif

Wisconsin is healthy.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/nebraska-game-is-badgers-chance-for-redemption-ps7p8kc-180779711.html

Linebacker Chris Borland (hamstring) is also expected back and this time UW will have safety Shelton Johnson and defensive end Brendan Kelly, who missed the first Nebraska game because of injuries.

"We are going to be as (healthy) as we've been since our bye week," Bielema said. "We're going to be a great team on Saturday."

Our health issues on the dline (not just Baker, but TRandle's been hindered all year too) makes it a forgone conclusion to me that Ball will get his buck-fifty and couple scores. The critical thing is that we hunker down in the secondary and make for damn sure that when they do try to playaction off Ball, we take that away-COMPLETELY. If their QB gets to 200 yards passing the way we play defense, we will not win. We cant let them get the plays in the air like Russel Wilson did and Stave did in the first half. If they get their yards and some first downs on the ground so be it. I seroiusly dont think they can drive the lenght of the field on us between the tackles consistenty enough all night to keep up with our offense. The key is their passing game.

I agree that stopping Ball is the key. I thought maybe they were getting a lot more balanced over the last 3 games but it doesn't appear so.

However, the last three games (where Phillips has played) they have 52.6%. He only has 1 INT with 4 TDs though.

Rushing is where they make their hay. Ball 93 rushes for 500 yards. That is an average of 166 yards on 31 carries per game.

Stop ball and we stop their offense.

Nebraska will have to limit turnovers. Wisconsin's W/L isn't great, but they're a good team that can beat us if we don't protect the football. If we play like we did in game 1 against them, I don't believe we'll win this one. They've gotten quite a bit better since then and we're still up to the same fumbly-bumbly shenanigans.