Nebraska Pass Defense

Fuzzy

I think one of the main differences is they went back to being aggressive and know their assignments better. They do a lot of film study. Less concentration on techniques and more on knowing what to do.

Speaking of knowing what to do or not knowing. It will be interesting to see what they do next year. I think they need to move Ciante and Mo to safety. If Ciante doesn't have the wheels for safety move Charles Jackson to safety and Ciante can be the starting CB. Have Ciante slide to nickel when that is needed. You already have JP, Green, Mitchell, Davies, Rose and Jackson at CB. Depth and experience at safety is slim. Also depends on who they sign.

The secondary has progressively played tighter coverage this year. You watch our defense and you'll see they get right up on receivers, often making tackles within a few steps of the receiver making a play. Sure, we've been burned on pass interference calls, but we'll take the occasional P.I. in exchange for a QB knowing he has very tight windows to throw into.

I would settle for a lower ranked pass defense in exchange for a better rush defense. We rank in the bottom half of the country and we've been appalling at times.

Let's be honest we haven't exactly faced a murderers row of passing QB's, but #1 is #1 I'll take it. GO BLACKSHIRTS!!!!!!!!!

Where do we rank in total defense? Rush defense? and Most importantly, scoring defense? Just curious, because yes these numbers can be skewed depending on who you play. Perfect example, in 2009 during the Big 12 championship game, all they could do is keep bragging up Texas's #1 rush defense. Well hell yes theyre #1, everyone they play throws it 60 times a game. No wonder they dont give up any yards on the ground. I guess a better measure is yards per rush average, or yards per completion average I think.

Let's be honest we haven't exactly faced a murderers row of passing QB's, but #1 is #1 I'll take it. GO BLACKSHIRTS!!!!!!!!!

Where do we rank in total defense? Rush defense? and Most importantly, scoring defense? Just curious, because yes these numbers can be skewed depending on who you play. Perfect example, in 2009 during the Big 12 championship game, all they could do is keep bragging up Texas's #1 rush defense. Well hell yes theyre #1, everyone they play throws it 60 times a game. No wonder they dont give up any yards on the ground. I guess a better measure is yards per rush average, or yards per completion average I think.

Rush Defense - 73rd nationally. No surprise there, defense against the run has been a big thorn in our side.

Scoring Defense - 31st nationally. That 63 points from Ohio St. didn't really help. We avg 22 points a game.

Total Defense - 15th nationally. We give up an avg 318yds per game. That's to be expected since we gave up huge numbers against UCLA and Ohio St.