Nice Move Ohio State?

huskersurfer

Those that criticize Ohio State needs to remember that those involved in the NCAA sanctions have been punished and dealt with. Tressel was fired and those that took the tattoos were suspended for several games. Now Gene Smith needs to be dealt with for taking the bowl ban this year instead of last year.

As for Maurice Clarett, he has served his time and from what I hear, has changed his life around.

they honor cheaters and felons in columbus.

So how's those two convicted felons of yours Fitz Touissant and Frank Clark? What? they played this season AFTER pleading guilty?

Remember a long time ago when Marcus Ray got himself suspended for having contact with an agent?

I sure do....

:lol:

Members of Michigan’s Fab Five honored at Crisler Arena – November 21, 2010

http://jalenrose.com/press/members-of-michigans-fab-five-honored-at-crisler-arena-november-21-2010

• Fire 1

it the grand scheme of things, knowing someone used his own private property in a free enterprising/free market nation to acquire tattoos is a pretty minor offense, it at all.

The current ban isn't because of the actions of Pryor Co, that was handled with the 5 game suspension last year. The post season ban & scholarship reductions are due to Coach Tressel not coming clean about what he knew.

Braxton Miller should have hoisted JT all by himself. If it wasn't for Tressel, BM's draft prospects get dropped by the ND front 7.

You have it backwards... St. Mary's girls should be ecstatic that their inevitable rape at the hands of Notre Dame players won't be as 'angry' after the Irish suffer another beat down by Ohio State.

45-26

29-16

34-20

What I wonder is when Miami will get what it has coming.

The NCAA is having fun. They want to see how many bowls, they'll not go to, then punish their own set of bowl bans after all that.

you are giving the ncaa a bit too much credit. they do not know how to deal with real scandals and actual violations.

The NCAA is having fun. They want to see how many bowls, they'll not go to, then punish their own set of bowl bans after all that.

you are giving the ncaa a bit too much credit. they do not know how to deal with real scandals and actual violations.

Tell that to Penn State beginning next season. That's when the effects of their sanctions really begin.

So how's those two convicted felons of yours Fitz Touissant and Frank Clark? What? they played this season AFTER pleading guilty?

This stuff actually gets pretty old. It's almost like these posts between Michigan and Ohio State fans on this forum should just get moved to a dedicated shed section all of their own so the rest of us don't have to wade through them.

But since you commented on this, here's a real question: If the violation a player committed has *zero* to do with breaking an NCAA violation or has any connection to the football program, what difference does it make to the big scheme of things for FOOTBALL? So all of a sudden, we're saying that morality plays an impact in how the game is played on the field of play?

Where does that end?

And don't bring up Penn State - that was directly (as opposed to indirectly) involving the football program staff and university staff. I'm talking about crimes committed that have zero to do with the program or university.

• Fire 1

Tell that to Penn State beginning next season. That's when the effects of their sanctions really begin.

kind of my point. that was a real scandal, but was it really within the ncaa's realm? then, unc commit a real violation within their realm, nothing. and they are still trying to figure out what to do with miami. they are so clueless and inconsistent.

kind of my point. that was a real scandal, but was it really within the ncaa's realm? then, unc commit a real violation within their realm, nothing. and they are still trying to figure out what to do with miami. they are so clueless and inconsistent.

Don't forget Oregon w/ Willie Lyles.

People need to remember that the NCAA has no subpoena power. The Ohio State sanctions went quickly because the University self-reported & turned over all the relevant information on it's own accord. PSU went quickly because the school paid Louis Freeh to investigate and thus made all of the relevant information public record.