Suh vs. Te'o

The thing about the draft class, there aren't any must-draft STARS at any position. No must-haves. They can't trade for anything.

I have never been a fan of the Chiefs, or the NFL for that matter. I just relish in their misery, sorry! Hahahah

I've never been a bandwagon type fan. I stuck with my Bull through all their bad years after Jordan, though I dont pay much attention to the NBA anyway. Always stood by the Chiefs, and always will. But it's getting tougher. The last six seasons, starting with Herm Edwards second season in '07, have just been really depressing. Even the division championship and playoff birth in '19 didnt feel that good, we still got rolled in a home playoff game. We havent won a playoff game since frickin Joe Montana was qb. Do any of you realize how long ago that was? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic rant. Back to Suh vs Teow.

If Suh has been playing for a 12-0 team he would have been in consideration a lot earlier, and been in the running up to the end. Teo benefits from the record. Griffin proved last year that is not entirely required...but certainly helps.

I also think that this years group, versus the 2009 group of Tebow, McCoy, Ingram and Gerhart is not even comparable. Manziel is awesome, but Tebow had 3 years of awesome and another Heisman behind his campaign. McCoy was a perpetual finalist, and Ingram beat McCoy in the SEC championship game. Gerhart was a Burkhead - and everything you'd want in someone that represents what the Heisman is supposed to stand for.

This year, Teo is relatively new on the scene, playing for a team that has been irrelevant for the last decade. Manzeil is a freshman playing for a team that is never better than 3rd or 4th best in their league, though he's made the most of it. However, give it to him this year and watch his career plummet over the next 3. I'm not opposed to giving it to a freshman, he's deserving - but there's certainly some risk here as his body of work is relatively small. Collin Klein plays for k-state.

If you want to sum up this years Heisman race - just look at the fact that Braxton Miller is making his way on ballots. Talk about a joke. The other's like Jarvis Jones (defense) and Kenjon Barber aren't really household names like Suh was going up against. I think Suh would have been able to win in 2012 - and Teo wouldn't have even been talked about in 2009. And that's enough for me to dismiss this entire argument. If he finishes 2nd, that still doesn't mean he was a better player than Suh. Not even close.

103 total tackles

52 solo

5.5 TFLs

1.5 sacks

4 passes broken up

4 QB hurries

7 INTs

or...

133 total tackles

65 solo

12 TFLs

5.5 sacks

2 passes broken up

3 QB hurries

2 INTs

or...

152 total tackles

85 solo

12.5 TFLs

6 sacks

8 passes broken up

3 QB hurries

if the last 2 didn't even sniff the list - not sure why the first should be a front runner.

103 total tackles

52 solo

5.5 TFLs

1.5 sacks

4 passes broken up

4 QB hurries

7 INTs

or...

133 total tackles

65 solo

12 TFLs

5.5 sacks

2 passes broken up

3 QB hurries

2 INTs

or...

152 total tackles

85 solo

12.5 TFLs

6 sacks

8 passes broken up

3 QB hurries

if the last 2 didn't even sniff the list - not sure why the first should be a front runner.

Good way to frame this. (Are the bottom 2 LD's yearly numbers?)

I'd put it this way. When you played against Suh, you had to adjust your blocking schemes. You don't have to do that for Te'o.

Collin Klein deserves it more than Te'o but Manziel should win it even if he is a freshman because there really isn't anyone this year that has led a team as much as Manziel and Klein.

This is how I feel as well. Notre Dame would probably still be 12-0 without Te'o. RGIII last year is the first really deserving Heisman winner for the what the award is supposed to stand for in a while.

No chance we'd be 12-0 without Te'o. It's like having the DC as a 13th player out on the field. We just found out that Te'o was helping the offense by taking EGold under his wing early in the season when Kelly was pulling him a lot and putting in Rees. That's the kind of leadership you can't recruit, it just comes an an unexpected blessing.

As for Suh, that was a year with a lot of super pretty looking future NFL quarterbacks and other offense players. Plus I think the national media is biased against Nebraska defensemen, as they rarely get a good feature on the world wide leading outlets.

• 3 months later...