Coaching Changes?

The only coaching change I think we should do, is either get rid of Cotton or Garrison. I think its a complete waste to have two offensive line coaches. Marrow is the TE's coach, so I am not sure why we have the two doing the same job. Two people teaching their own way is not a good thing, in my opinion. We need someone to be dedicated to special teams.

Here is our coaching staff right now:

Tim Beck- He may be gone to UTEP, so this might be coming true for those who still wish for him to be gone. Huge mistake.

John Papuchis- 1st year at DC. Takes more than 1 yr to know someone's potential. He needs more leash from Bo to make calls.

Ron Brown- Genius and strong recruiter for RB's.

Barney Cotton- I am not sure if him or Garrison deserve the credit for how good our rushing attack is. Not helping a lot in recruiting

Ross Els- 2nd year and has done good for what he has. He has recruited some great talent at LB. He needs to focus on just LB and Recruiting. Special Teams needs to be taken off his shoulders. More time, you will see how good he is here.

Rich Fisher- Self explanatory. Keeper.

John Garrison- Got relieved from TE's to focus on OL. We only need one coach. Same comments as Cotton.

Rick Kaczenski- 1st year here too. Needs time to show his potential. He did great at Iowa and has had a very successful rush defense. Right now we are undersized and he is doing his best with what he has. Next year or two, you will see his true talent.

Terry Joseph- Love this guy too. Our secondary is physical and he is doing a fine job getting guys here and coaching them. 1st year as well.

Vincent Marrow- New to being TE's coach. I am not sure what to think as of right now, but his recruiting is strong. He is committed to getting Beau Sandland.

Just my opinion on our staff right now under Bo.

The only coaching change I think we should do, is either get rid of Cotton or Garrison. I think its a complete waste to have two offensive line coaches. Marrow is the TE's coach, so I am not sure why we have the two doing the same job. Two people teaching their own way is not a good thing, in my opinion. We need someone to be dedicated to special teams.

Tim Beck- He may be gone to UTEP, so this might be coming true for those who still wish for him to be gone. Huge mistake.

John Papuchis- 1st year at DC. Takes more than 1 yr to know someone's potential. He needs more leash from Bo to make calls.

Barney Cotton- I am not sure if him or Garrison deserve the credit for how good our rushing attack is. Not helping a lot in recruiting

Ross Els- 2nd year and has done good for what he has. He has recruited some great talent at LB. He needs to focus on just LB and Recruiting. Special Teams needs to be taken off his shoulders. More time, you will see how good he is here.

John Garrison- Got relieved from TE's to focus on OL. We only need one coach. Same comments as Cotton.

Rick Kaczenski- 1st year here too. Needs time to show his potential. He did great at Iowa and has had a very successful rush defense. Right now we are undersized and he is doing his best with what he has. Next year or two, you will see his true talent.

Terry Joseph- Love this guy too. Our secondary is physical and he is doing a fine job getting guys here and coaching them. 1st year as well.

Vincent Marrow- New to being TE's coach. I am not sure what to think as of right now, but his recruiting is strong. He is committed to getting Beau Sandland.

Milt, Dan, and all our Outland trophies and rushing titles say hi.

Not a thread to just complain. But I think most of us can agree that some changes are need. In YOUR opinion, who needs to go?

I say:

Barney

Els (At least as a LB coach)

Kaz (iffy here, his first year)

Poopchus (dish out the $$$$ and get someone)

All of the Husker cry baby fans that obviously do not know what is in the best interest of the program.

• Fire 1

Not a thread to just complain. But I think most of us can agree that some changes are need. In YOUR opinion, who needs to go?

I say:

Barney

All of the Husker cry baby fans that obviously do not know what is in the best interest of the program.

What?????

I say:

Barney

What?????

OP = "But I think most of us can agree that some changes are need. In YOUR opinion, who needs to go?"

OK??????????

2012 says hi - and also asks that you move on from the 90's.

2012 says hi - and also asks that you move on from the 90's.

Ah yes, 2012. Our best year rushing since,......well........oh yeah. Since Milt and Dan were co-oline coaches. yes, That year. weird.

• Fire 1

Your nit-picking what I said. Is there a need to have two of offensive line coaches? I don't think so. Its a one person job in my opinion. I don't know who deserves the credit, as I am not there watching and not Bo or Beck. Garrison has done well and is continuing to do well for recruiting, and I wish I could say the same for Cotton. I am just calling it as I see it from an outside perspective.

I am not denying that we have a good rushing attack, but its not credit from both guys. Its a waste of a coaching position when we can hire someone for special teams or make them responsible for that department as well.

Your nit-picking what I said. Is there a need to have two of offensive line coaches? I don't think so. Its a one person job in my opinion. I don't know who deserves the credit, as I am not there watching and not Bo or Beck. Garrison has done well and is continuing to do well for recruiting, and I wish I could say the same for Cotton. I am just calling it as I see it from an outside perspective.

I am not denying that we have a good rushing attack, but its not credit from both guys. Its a waste of a coaching position when we can hire someone for special teams or make them responsible for that department as well.

I think its better to have two offensive line coaches than not just for the number of bodies you have on the line. Its nearly 1/2 your team on the field. At the very basic you have 5 guys and you have that 3 deep at a min that you are continually working with (and we actually run deeper than that) to keep things moving forward. If you included ends that goes even deeper. What other spot do you have that number of guys? The closest is the WR spots where we use 9 pretty regularly. The same issue applies on the D side of the ball and that's why you see JP splitting time there too. At some schools they split up the DBs into CBs and safeties coaches because numbers are high in that group. The need isn't as great here since Bo helps in that area a lot. It sucks that we can't have 3 or 4 more coaches even if they couldn't recruit. Thats why we have to have interns and GA's. They do a ton. I know its done to keep smaller schools competitive but I think it has hurt the development of the game some.