Step Away From the Ledge, Friends

Landlord

Life will go on tomorrow.

This team still has plenty to be proud of. This season has been better than expected, and still has one last goal in front of it.

On the same day that we heard about the tragic events in Kansas City, let's please not forget that football is still, and will always be, a game. A wonderful game to be sure, and an emotional, powerful and taxing game, but a game nonetheless. Life is about so much more than this. Things could surely be much, much worse than they are now.

We could be 1-11 or 0-12 like our "friends" at Colorado and Southern Miss.

We could not be bowling like Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State and Ohio State.

We could be rocked with scandal and sanctions.

We could have a coach that isn't interested in being here, isn't committed to learning from mistakes and improving and is influenced by dollar signs.

We could still be under Pedersen and Callahan.

Our boys have a month to pull it together and put a respectable product on the field. They need support and encouragement to get there. This place will be a lot more pleasant for all of us over the next few weeks and into the offseason if we can choose a healthy perspective, being thankful for the opportunities in front of us :)

Go Big Red.

• Fire 6

I've got a wife in the hospital, again. I've watched close family members wither and die several times since we won our last title. This is a bitch of a loss, and it sucks, but it's not even a blip on the radar of what life's gonna throw at us.

Losing your mind over football is for people who have no other worries. For me at least, this isn't much of much.

Still... would have been pretty damned happy if we'd have won.

• Fire 3

I've got a wife in the hospital, again. I've watched close family members wither and die several times since we won our last title. This is a bitch of a loss, and it sucks, but it's not even a blip on the radar of what life's gonna throw at us.

Losing your mind over football is for people who have no other worries. For me at least, this isn't much of much.

Still... would have been pretty damned happy if we'd have won.

Prayers for you and wife knapp. Hope it's nothing serious.

• Fire 1

I've given up on believing the hype this season and I will not do so next season. I believe we will go 0-12 next season, so that when they win i'll be happy being wrong and I wont have to worry when they lose and look like complete crap on the field. I'm so tired of thinking we're back then another one of these kinds of games. Prove it from now on Bo but until then i'm a non believer of this BS.

other than that, it gets to a point in a game like this where you just sit back and laugh. I got to that point tonight and it's no one's fault but my own. I knew better than to trust that this team turned a corner, but I did.

Knap, keep your head up bubba.

First time head coach taking over a program with unreasonable expectations and coming off a 5-7 season. I'm glad we have Bo as our coach. Given time we'll have a championship program. If we didn't learn anything from firing Solich I'm sadly disappointed.

Bo is not the first coach to take a crappy program and turn it around. Look at what Stoops did in 2 seasons at OU being a first time HC.

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,

You could cut ties with all the lies,

That you've been living in,

And if you do not want to see me again,

I would understand.

I would understand.

THE ANGRY BOY A BIT TOO INSANE

ICING OVER A SECRET PAIN

I KNOW YOU DONT BELOOOOOONG

YOURE THE FIRST TO FIGHT

YOURE WAY TOO LOUD

YOURE THE BURST OF LIGHT ON A BURIAL SHROUD

I KNOW THAT SOMETHINGS WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Life will go on tomorrow.

This team still has plenty to be proud of. This season has been better than expected, and still has one last goal in front of it.

On the same day that we heard about the tragic events in Kansas City, let's please not forget that football is still, and will always be, a game. A wonderful game to be sure, and an emotional, powerful and taxing game, but a game nonetheless. Things could surely be much, much worse than they are now.

We could be 1-11 or 0-12 like our "friends" at Colorado and Southern Miss.

We could not be bowling like Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State and Ohio State.

We could be rocked with scandal and sanctions.

We could have a coach that isn't interested in being here, isn't committed to learning from mistakes and improving and is influenced by dollar signs.

We could still be under Pedersen and Callahan.

Our boys have a month to pull it together and put a respectable product on the field. They need support and encouragement to get there. This place will be a lot more pleasant for all of us over the next few weeks and into the offseason if we can choose a healthy perspective, being thankful for the opportunities in front of us :)

Go Big Red.

Nicely put. There definitely needs to be some sort of reassessment in the program. But this graduating class, while having a lot of heart, was put together really quick after Bo was hired. It's probably was his worst class. The last few recruiting classes have some really exciting pieces. The LBs from last years class looks like they have a lot of potential, the d-line class too.

It's cliche but I am looking forward to next year. The schedule lightens up, we lose very little of a pretty good-great offense, and the defense has very interesting pieces. We don't leave Lincoln until Oct. 12th.

It hurts right now, but things can be worse.

• Fire 1