Wisc's offensive numbers---staggering

Tad Stryker breaks down the horror: two rushers each with 200+ yardage, plus a third Wisc rusher with 100+ yards.

Backup RB Gordon averaged almost 40 yards/rush on 5 sweep plays.

For the game, Wisc averaged almost 11 yards per rush.

Wasn't it only a few games ago that Bo was snidely reminding everyone how "he hasn't forgotten how to stop the run"?

What a nightmare for our seniors. Hope better days are on the way in the NFL for Baker, Stafford, E-Mart, and a few others who might be free agents

Tad Stryker breaks down the horror: two rushers each with 200+ yardage, plus a third Wisc rusher with 100+ yards.

For the game, Wisc averaged almost 11 yards per rush.

Wasn't it only a few games ago that Bo was snidely reminding everyone how "he hasn't forgotten how to stop the run"?

What a nightmare for our seniors. Hope better days are on the way in the NFL for Baker, Stafford, E-Mart, and a few others who might be free agents

Don't forget Rex. What a tragedy for him.

Despite Wisconsin putting it on film all year, I can understand a Bo Pelini coached team not being prepared for it coming into the game. This is a Bo Pelini coached team, after all. But after the first couple times they had staggering success with it, you'd think our staff would realize that maybe they'd run it again? Maybe attempt to adjust to it at some point?

Perhaps I should temper my expectations.

Despite Wisconsin putting it on film all year, I can understand a Bo Pelini coached team not being prepared for it coming into the game. This is a Bo Pelini coached team, after all. But after the first couple times they had staggering success with it, you'd think our staff would realize that maybe they'd run it again? Maybe attempt to adjust to it at some point?

This is what I find comical with our staff. An offensive play does well and the opponent continues to run it. We find a play or formation that works consistently when ran and don't use it again because the defense will expect it! The diamond formation always works and we rarely see it

This^. We run the same play, against our O defense in practice. I can see getting caught once, but for an entire game. Really? No one thought to say, hey Paps or Bo, we might want to have the DE go up field, you know, try and turn the RB into pursuit instead of getting the edge for 6 like they have the past 3 times.......

Incompetence.

This is what I find comical with our staff. An offensive play does well and the opponent continues to run it. We find a play or formation that works consistently when ran and don't use it again because the defense will expect it! The diamond formation always works and we rarely see it

No diamond, no toss sweep, no making their LB's go side line to side line. We just went full stupid in that game on both sides of the ball.

No diamond, no toss sweep, no making their LB's go side line to side line. We just went full stupid in that game on both sides of the ball.

You gotta try...if they stop it use it to set other plays up. You can't just abandon it. The best offensive minds are not thinking of what play to call now they are thinking of what play will setup plays for the next 10 downs.

We play checkers and the best play chess. It is obvious

We are saving the good stuff for the bowl.

:ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :leghump:

Hilarious. I told my siblings that Wiscy was lining up. The center was just announcing "we're going to give the ball to Ball" before the play. Then they'd snap it and punch us in the face. No surprises. No changes. Just punched us in the face and told us they were going to do it. It's what I've wanted the Huskers to be able to do... actually find a play that works and run it until they stop us.

Meh.

Does 10 wins mean anything to you if your losses are all 30+ points?

The worst team Osborne ever had was probably 1990.... lose to CU at home, blown out by unranked Oklahoma, blown out in Citrus (basically the Capital One) Bowl.

I feel like every year under Bo is like 1990. Only instead of 45-10, it's 70-31...

We are saving the good stuff for the bowl.

:ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :leghump:

Hilarious. I told my siblings that Wiscy was lining up. The center was just announcing "we're going to give the ball to Ball" before the play. Then they'd snap it and punch us in the face. No surprises. No changes. Just punched us in the face and told us they were going to do it. It's what I've wanted the Huskers to be able to do... actually find a play that works and run it until they stop us.

Meh.

that was our MO until about 2000

You gotta try...if they stop it use it to set other plays up. You can't just abandon it. The best offensive minds are not thinking of what play to call now they are thinking of what play will setup plays for the next 10 downs.

We play checkers and the best play chess. It is obvious

I really thought that some of the stuff Beck showed during the season was put on film to make DC's think and to set up another play. I was completely wrong. Guy does one play at a time with no plan of it setting up anything. Not to mention switching before they stop it.