Capital One Bowl bid accepted

Hello Husker Nation.

Hope for a great game... Its not the Rose Bowl or the BCS Nat but cant wait ..... :wasted

UGA fan? If so, let me be the first to congratulate you on a great win. You guys were (will be) the better team today (Jan 1st)

well of course I hope we win but do look forward to a good game....

Hello Husker Nation.

Hope for a great game... Its not the Rose Bowl or the BCS Nat but cant wait ..... :wasted

UGA fan? If so, let me be the first to congratulate you on a great win. You guys were (will be) the better team today (Jan 1st)

Welcome, glad you stopped by. Don't mind the negativity the sky is falling across the Cornhusker State. It was a pretty degrading loss last night but, sometimes it just happens. Kind of like when you guys played SC this year. Now that loss may not look as bad as ours did but, still not very good. Hope you don't get run off a lot of people around here are descent.

Hello Husker Nation.

It wont be, youll hang 100 on us.

According to Twitter, we could've opted out of this matchup, but Osborne called Orlando and said "We want to play the best team available." So we're headed to Cap-One.

Gotta say, as pessimistic as I am right now, I love that attitude, and it's a smart move. Gotta do whatever you can to get our players excited during bowl prep.

Well call it bagging if you want but I have better things to do than watch a blowout. I love college ball and will watch a lot of bowl games this year but I won't watch much of ours because I don't expect us to compete. I have no reason to believe we will.

Dumber

Excuse me?

It was a stupid post, No one cares of you watch it. I'm sure you will be wearing you Notre Dame shirt and rooting for your new team for the championship. I'm sure you are a Miami Heat fan, you love the Falcons etc.

Georgia is way overrated. Not saying they aren't a good team, and they should definitely be a large favorite against us, but they are not a great team. There is not a great team in CFB this year. If the Huskers play well and Georgia doesn't play quite as good as they really are, the 'skers will have a chance.

We could also lose by 5 TDs again. But I don't think it's a given.

They almost beat flipping Alabama.

So? They didn't. They're now 1-2 against top 30 teams in the Sagarin rankings. We're 2-3.

Their SOS? 41. Ours? 32.

Our best wins? Wisconsin (21 in the Sagarin rankings) (granted we got destroyed by the same team last night), Northwestern (32), Michigan State (41), Penn State (35), and Michigan (19). While everyone here loves to talk about how bad the BIG is (and I won't completely disagree), but it is overtalked about. The BIG is not a terrible conference. Very average, but Nebraska has won a lot of games. 10, to be exact.

Georgia's best wins? Florida (4, though this was one of the sloppiest football games I have ever seen), and then Vanderbilt (31). Missouri (43). Those are their only wins against the top 50.

Georgia/Nebraska stats stats:

Total Offense: 458.3/462.2

Total Defense: 351.3/343.1

Points Scored: 37.2/35.1

Points Allowed: 18.8/26.2

The stats remain pretty even all across the board.. and remember, our SOS is better. The SEC is better than the BIG (obviously) but Georgia got an incredibly lucky draw (No A&M, LSU, Miss. St.). And the bottom half of the SEC is very bad (Auburn, Kentucky?)

And they don't much pass the eye test, if you've seen them play. Bama ran all over them (around 400 yards, I believe). They have a good pash rush, but if we commit to the run (which isn't a guarantee with Beck...) we have a good chance to put up some points.

Nebraska played horrible last night. Horrible. Stafford himself missed 4 tackles that led directly to touchdowns. Compton missed 1 or 2. Smith 1 or 2. Our Dline got pushed all around, but some of it had to do with the game snowballing.

Again, Georgia could very well win by 5 TDs. But I do not think it is a guarantee like everyone on this board seems to think. Georgia is a good team. But we are, too. Not as good as them, and a tad more inconsistent, but we are solid (compared to the other teams in 2012 CFB).

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

I love and support my Huskers, but this is going to be tough to watch. Is it too late to refuse the invite? I don't even want to think about Taylor throwing into that Georgia secondary or facing that pass rush. He fumbles when he's barely touched, what's gona happen when he gets hit by 11 NFL caliber athletes? I'll be hiding behind my couch while watching this one.

According to Twitter, we could've opted out of this matchup, but Osborne called Orlando and said "We want to play the best team available." So we're headed to Cap-One.

Gotta say, as pessimistic as I am right now, I love that attitude, and it's a smart move. Gotta do whatever you can to get our players excited during bowl prep.

Maybe he's looking to give the new AD an excuse to fire Pelini...

It was a sad performane by the team last night.Even sadder today,by the so-called fans.Maybe wasn't the results we wanted last night.But you should support this team,(including the coaches),or quit calling yourselves the best fans in college football.Hope the real fans show up in the Capitol One game.GBR!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why you can't be a good fan and still realize that your team is going to get shellacked in a month. I am a fan, win or lose. I will watch every second of the game on Jan 1. But I also realize that this team is not built to compete with a team like Georgia. I hope I am wrong.