Seasonal checkpoint

We are 6-2. That's about where I thought this team would be at this point. I will be satisfied if this team finishes the non-con with 3 losses. It will be interesting to see how the team responds at OU after the CU game.

B1G play will be rough. I just want to win 1 or 2.....and maybe scare the baajesus out of someone in a loss. Give them something to talk about.

Also would like to see them keep paddling like mad on the recruiting front even though we are in season. That's the only way to get this boat going. We sure could use a juco/prep post.

Could go 4-1 (loss probably to Altman) in the rest of the non-con. 10-3 like you suggested would be realistically about as good as we could have anticipated as a start.

In conference, we should be competitive enough to have a shot with Wisky at home, PSU on the road, Northwestern at home, PSU at home, Iowa at home, and maybe Minny at home. IF we could split those 6 opportunities we would be 3-15 in conference and 13-16 entering the B!G tourney. While FAR, FAR from satisfactory, that would be MUCH better than some who believed we will be winless in conference and total less then 10 "W"'s.

Then look forward to next year, where I believe we could be surprisingly competitive.

btw.......Love to be wrong, but 13-16 is honestly the best I can realistically see us finishing before the tourney.

We've already picked up a couple wins that I didn't think we'd have at this point (Wake & U$C). Oregon will be tough but I would think we'd have every chance at the other three. Call me pleasantly surprised.

I still don't think we match up well with the conference for the most part but now I think we'll be competitive enough to pick up a few wins here and there. At least we seem to have some semblance of offense which is nice. A few games where Gallegos makes every three he throws up makes a big difference.

Could go 4-1 (loss probably to Altman) in the rest of the non-con. 10-3 like you suggested would be realistically about as good as we could have anticipated as a start.

In conference, we should be competitive enough to have a shot with Wisky at home, PSU on the road, Northwestern at home, PSU at home, Iowa at home, and maybe Minny at home. IF we could split those 6 opportunities we would be 3-15 in conference and 13-16 entering the B!G tourney. While FAR, FAR from satisfactory, that would be MUCH better than some who believed we will be winless in conference and total less then 10 "W"'s.

Then look forward to next year, where I believe we could be surprisingly competitive.

btw.......Love to be wrong, but 13-16 is honestly the best I can realistically see us finishing before the tourney.

You forgot Purdue, they are not good this year at all

You forgot Purdue, they are not good this year at all

Good point. And, there may be a few others we can sneak in and hang around, but I was trying to be realistic.

One thing for sure though, Ubel and Andre have shown obvious signs of the coaching changes. (and I understand they are a year older, etc), but both seem far more agressive to the basket.

I have already had some expectations exceeded but the Creighton game was rough.. Creighton would get beat by about 2-3 B1G teams.

I think we win 2-3 games in the B1G.

I think we win 5-6 next year.

You can't talk at all about next year yet. I think Miles has proven he is a good coach already, and is going to win games most think he shouldn't. Even Doc won 4 games last year, we get at least 4.

Sticking to the prediction I made earlier this year (here I think we had only done non-con). I still think we win 10 non-con and 6 conference. I think Miles will find a way to get this team to 6-12 in conference, which I think for a lot of people will be a major win. I don't think that's the ceiling, I think that's my reasonable expectation based on the improvements this team has shown and the 'buy-in' these guys have done on Miles' system. I honestly think we've seen the season lowpoint last Thursday. I think we'll be competitive in a lot of games that no one expects us to be, and will win a few that people don't expect. That's how we'll get to at least 6 wins in conference, and I think we see .500 next year in conference. I won't really be disappointed if that doesn't occur, but I think this team has a LOT more potential than people are giving credit.

Not sure how Creighton game alone can be a low point of the season. We have much more talented teams coming up on our schedule. In basketball, they play so many games I can't see one game being a "low point".

I expect by the time we get through the first 3-4 games of the conference schedule, we will hope that is the low point and it may very well be. Mile's tough job will be to keep the player's confidence up during that stretch so that they will be ready to play some games they match up better in.

As far as improvement this year I definitely have to say it is with the spacing in our offense and offensive continuity. We've had a few times where we looked disjointed but it's less frequent than in the past. Our passing seems to have more purpose and our kids seem fairly confident putting it up.

Miles sure doesn't call a lot of timeouts, which is fine with me especially in the 2nd half. I like to save them for clock management at the end of the game.

BRB - What I'm saying is that I think we'll continue to gain more confidence and be more competitive as the season goes on, so that the Creighton game is likely to be the lowpoint as far as competitiveness. IMO, of course, but that's what I'm looking at. I know we have a really rough stretch at the beginning of conference play, but I also see this team gaining momentum as they see continue to see enhanced production from buy-in to Miles' system. That's all I was trying to say about Creighton being the lowpoint, because of our lack of competitiveness at times in that game.

I don't even care if we got beat that badly by Creighton, I liked what I saw. I believe Miles had the gameplan, he just doesn't have the players and none of the shots were falling. He is definitely going to get at least one win over a ranked team, plus at least a few more from the unranked teams. I am anxious to see how this Oregon game turns out. Oregon is looking really good, might be a tougher team than Creighton.