No Rumor, No one has spoken with Bo

HuskerThor

Though Bo Pelini was rumored on Internet message boards to be a potential candidate for the Tennessee (haha, wtg EZ)and Arkansas jobs this week, Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said neither school — nor any others — sought permission to speak to the Huskers’ fifth-year coach.

Read more: http://www.theindependent.com/sports/no-school-has-asked-to-speak-with-pelini/article_fb6c2ee4-40ec-11e2-b409-0019bb2963f4.html

Does anyone here think that any of the football teams coaches are overpaid? If so, who?

Alabama

Texas

Oklahoma

Ohio State

Iowa

LSU

South Carolina

Auburn

Oregon

Texas Christian

Oklahoma State

Michigan

Arizona State

Nebraska

Georgia

Florida State

Missouri

California

Miss. State

Wisconsin

Virginia

Kansas

Florida

North Carolina

Georgia Tech

Texas A&M

Washington

Notre Dame

Southern Cal

West Virginia

Virginia Tech

Louisville

Penn State

Wake Forest

Washington State

Baylor

Kansas State

Texas Tech

Clemson

South Florida

Tennessee

Utah

Boise State

UCLA

.......etc.

Never could understand why these salaries are as high as they are. What makes it a $1MM+ job anyway.

What Creighton Duke said basically sums it up. There are not a lot of people who are really good at coaching football, and the fact that Saban, Meyer, Kelly, Kelly, etc. are the best at what they do explains why they get paid so much. I agree that it's excessive, but it's just how it is.

Americans: Willing to pay thousands of dollars to support huge salaries of sports icons and teams, but unwilling to pay extra taxes to train and employ better teachers for their children since...well, whenever this country was formed. How the f#*k am I supposed to know when it was formed? Derp.

exactly. ALL professional athletes and coaches are overpaid. WAY overpaid. And now college coaches are overpaid. WAY overpaid. I'm very conservative in my beliefs but what you say is spot on. Our priorities as a society are so ass backwards, it's scary when you actually think about it.

• Fire 2

Market forces drive these salaries, not societal priorities. How many college head coaches are there in the country? NFL stars? How many public school teachers are there? Taxes don't pay the salaries of even college coaches, the booster-supported athletic department does, and the football program is a big money-maker. Taxes pay no professional athlete salaries and the average family probably spends well more on child education (assuming a child in school) per year than they do on sports-related entertainment -- via both taxes and out-of-pocket money for school-related expenses.

• Fire 2