Leon Jackson moving back to Offense

There's rumours circulating that Leon Jackson is going to be moved back on offense as a WR or RB. Supposedly he is having problems understanding the defensive schemes.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if it is true. Oh if you are wondering where this is coming from, it's from Tom Shatel and Sean Callahan on 1620 the Zone

I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed i guess. I was more excited seeing his videos last year than luckys, but the needs of the team, and desire for safetys made me ok with the move to D. He seems like one of those guys that i would just want to get the ball to any way possible, and i imagined both him and Bowman seeing some possible WR time... although i knew the chances of that werent good. Who knows though, i trust these coaches will get the most out of this kid one way or the other. Based on what we saw after bye weeks this year i cant imagine how much better this team will get during the offseason. :cheers

There's rumours circulating that Leon Jackson is going to be moved back on offense as a WR or RB. Supposedly he is having problems understanding the defensive schemes.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if it is true. Oh if you are wondering where this is coming from, it's from Tom Shatel and Sean Callahan on 1620 the Zone

In my experiences, defense was always easier to pick up. How in the world is offense, especialy this one, going to be easier??

In my experiences, defense was always easier to pick up. How in the world is offense, especialy this one, going to be easier??

thats exactly right as far as I've ever heard. These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over. To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth. They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over. To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth. They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

Who besides Helming, Seppo, and Patrick have they moved? All three of those guys got PT this year. Helming was moved back and forth by the previous staff as well.

thats exactly right as far as I've ever heard. These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over. To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth. They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

Of course you would say that please give examples. More than 3 or 4 because you said most of ther moves.

You said exactly what I was thinking.

I could understand if we were running a 3-3-5 or even a 3-4 due to all the masking of coverages, but a base 4-3 defense you cannot pickup? I really don't see how the WCO is going to be any better.

However, I would expect for the bowl game for the team to run a few plays meant just for Leon to get him some touches.

Actually in your eyes any player BC and staff get is crap! So basically your just blowing hot air yet again! Again...please put down examples to back up your points! Somehow I think you will even blame Pederson too! :dumdum

wat is this goin to do w/ our safety depth... isnt it very very thin already goin into next year?

If Jones signs, that will theoretically give NU 3 decent CB's. I have a feeling that Green will see time at safety, as he played there in HS.

:yeah

I think there is a very good chance that Green gets moved to safety, judging by the amount of PT he has gotten the last few games, it seems that his days at CB are about over.

These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over.  To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth.  They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

Who besides Helming, Seppo, and Patrick have they moved? All three of those guys got PT this year. Helming was moved back and forth by the previous staff as well.

Not to get into the middle of this, but other guys that were moved were Green, LJackson, Muy and Stuntz. It seemed like the staff had no idea where they were going to play either Potter or Tomerline, and the constant shuffling of LBs prior to the season may have put some of those guys behind the 8ball.

I guess a little of that is to be expected with new players, though.

These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over.  To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth.  They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

Not to get into the middle of this, but other guys that were moved were Green, LJackson, Muy and Stuntz. It seemed like the staff had no idea where they were going to play either Potter or Tomerline, and the constant shuffling of LBs prior to the season may have put some of those guys behind the 8ball.

I guess a little of that is to be expected with new players, though.

I don't know how I forgot Green and Stuntz. Has Stuntz ever really had a position? Muy doesn't count since he bolted before last season. ;) So everyone they've moved has seen PT except Stuntz and Jackson. Although they both have played plenty of special teams.

As far as Tomerline goes he said he wanted to try TE and if he didn't feel like it was working he would switch to DE. If I'm not mistaken he is sticking with TE full time next year.