Global Warming

I refuse to believe earth is heating up until it is 85+ in march. It's may 1 and it's snowing.

are you joking? you might be, but i will respond anyway.

first, that is very myopic. "my little space on this earth is cold, ergo the entire globe must not be warmer".

second, global warming would explain extreme weather as well as colder weather. as the ice caps melt, the atlantic is flooded with cold water. this cold water prevents the warm air and water from the caribbean to travel north. without that warm water, it will be colder before our part of the earth gets warmer.

third, you have already forgotten about the record drought and heat last summer? were you a firm believer in global warming during that period of extreme weather?

I refuse to believe earth is heating up until it is 85+ in march. It's may 1 and it's snowing.

are you joking? you might be, but i will respond anyway.

I think he's joking . . .

it was much too deadpan for my tastes. but to be fair, the sentiment he may be mocking is held by some. and it is very frustrating.

Cmon sd, I think you've read enough of my posts in this forum to know that I'm not that thick headed.

mea culpa. full disclosure, i barely know how to read.

Alright. No, I don't believe that and that was honestly just a jab at the side who does.

I do think that global trends are cyclical and that we are doing more to slow the rate of warming now than we were 20 years or even 10 years ago. Someday, something will happen that will reverse the trend, it will be a disaster of sorts. I just hope I'm not around to witness it.

Cmon sd, I think you've read enough of my posts in this forum to know that I'm not that thick headed.

mea culpa. full disclosure, i barely know how to read.

Alright. No, I don't believe that and that was honestly just a jab at the side who does.

I do think that global trends are cyclical and that we are doing more to slow the rate of warming now than we were 20 years or even 10 years ago. Someday, something will happen that will reverse the trend, it will be a disaster of sorts. I just hope I'm not around to witness it.

yeah, i kind of thought you might be joking, but thought i would respond anyways.

I don't care what anyone else thinks...I'm F'ing sick and tired of this weather.

i would feel the same way if my yard was not so desperate for precipitation. i am thinking about having some local grade schoolers come out to my house for a field trip when they study the dust bowl.

I feel your pain. My entire yard completely 100% died last year. I mowed twice last year and both times were before school got out in the spring. Heck, weeds didn't even grow.

I just planted a large part of it again so I am liking the rain. I'm NOT liking the cold weather.

http://www.thegwpf.org/russian-scientist-warns-earth-heading-ice-age/

Just saw this on some news station. I am forever a skeptic of anyone who makes predictions of what the future holds, or think they know how something as complex as our plant or solar system works well enough to make predictions. But what happens to all the people who jumped into the global warming boat if we end up going into a mini ice age, or even have global temperatures fall back into "normal" ranges?

http://www.thegwpf.o...eading-ice-age/

Just saw this on some news station. I am forever a skeptic of anyone who makes predictions of what the future holds, or think they know how something as complex as our plant or solar system works well enough to make predictions. But what happens to all the people who jumped into the global warming boat if we end up going into a mini ice age, or even have global temperatures fall back into "normal" ranges?

they will be happy that our planet averted disaster and still push for a healthier planet because it is the right thing to do and better for the inhabitants and cheaper and more sustainable.

also, i am not sure the global warming policy foundation is the most reliable source of information.